has announced that Phakaaathi
will no longer be published as a hybrid newspaper. From Tuesday, 1 March 2016, it will be a standalone, weekly soccer newspaper.Phakaaathi
will be available every Tuesday in stores and from street sellers across Gauteng and most other provinces, excluding Eastern and Western Cape. The weekly soccer newspaper will retail at R2,70 and remain on-shelf in stores for a week until the following Monday.
Well-known sports writer and Phakaaathi
editor, Jonty Mark: “We are really excited to launch Phakaaathi
as a standalone weekly soccer newspaper from March 1. We hope to reward our loyal readers with the most informative, passionate and fun-to-read soccer newspaper on the market.”Sixteen pages bursting with soccer newsPhakaaathi
will continue to carry quality content across various editorial pillars:
- On the Mark: Editor’s column
- Latest news: Breaking news stories, reviews and previews, around South African football.
- International pages: News from the European leagues, from the Barclays Premier League to La Liga in Spain, bringing readers up to date with how South Africa’s overseas-based players are getting on.
- Mgosi: All the transfer news and other gossip from the week as well as our readers’ weekly views.
- One on one: Profile of a player or coach making waves in South African football.
- Youth watch: Profile of an up and coming player that fans should watch out for in the local game.
- Midnight Express: Bafana Bafana and Orlando Pirates legend, Helman Mkhalele, writes a weekly column for Phakaaathi, putting the week’s games into perspective.
- Betting tips page: Soccer 6, 10 and 13
Phakaaathi: More soccer. Your way.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 010 492 5233