- Showtime Management and international partner Selladoor Worldwide have postponed the South African tour of the We Will Rock You musical to 2022. South Africa is currently in its third wave of Covid-19 infections and, as such, the government has implemented precautions that only allows for a total audience of 100 people.
- The eleventh hour is upon businesses who are not Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) compliant. The effective date of 1 July is upon us. Rian Schoeman
- From East London to some of South Africa's most storied agencies. After winning on global stages and achieving what she set out to on the inside of the corporate advertising machinery, Leigh-Anne Salonika is living her purpose, and in doing so working with brands to unlock theirs Evan-Lee Courie
- Aramex now does door-to-door delivery all across South Africa!
- Zara's latest store concept is coming to Cape Town
- The Radio Awards 2021 finalists
- Pick n Pay's exclusive lease agreements coming to an end
- Revised Covid-19 Direction on Health and Safety in the Workplace advises on employee vaccine protocol
- #YouthMatters: The mining industry needs more young leaders, says the Minerals Council's Katlego Letsoalo
- #YouthMatters: Bulelani Ngcauzele, junior account manager at Hook, Line & Sinker
South Africa's D&AD 2021 winners: The Odd Number wins 2 pencils
Terry McKenna, executive creative director at the Odd Number
With international awards season underway, as well as The One Club’s Creative Week underway from 7-11 June, South Africa has been making impressive strides. For D&AD, three South African companies have won multiple pencils and seven were shortlisted for awards.
D&AD announced the Pencil winners across the Craft, Next, Advertising, Side Hustle and Collaborative categories...
Here, McKenna specifically speaks about their win and how they plan on continuing the good work they have been doing…
We are very proud to have picked up two D&AD Graphite Pencils for the Salvation Army ‘if It Doesn’t Fit’ press campaign. One in the Press & Outdoor category and one in the Photography category. We also picked up a shortlist for the BCC Earth Kasi Sensei Radio campaign in the Casting category. Our thanks go out to all our clients and amazing suppliers that helped make these pieces of work a reality.
This is the first time that the Odd Number has picked up Pencils at D&AD. For an agency that is only six years old to start winning at international award shows, not only makes us extremely proud, it gives us the belief that we can go on to achieve much more in the future.
Keep making work that makes us feel something, that gets us excited, that makes us happy. The rest will follow.
In the second virtual ceremony, on 27 May at 7pm, D&AD announced 3 Black Pencil winners, alongside the President's Award and the remaining Pencil winners across the Culture, Design and Impact categories...