- Leading fashion and lifestyle retailer TFG shared its strategy to revolutionise the omnichannel experience and transform into Africa's leading high-tech omnichannel retailer. "We are laying the foundations to become the largest, most reliable and most profitable e-commerce destination on the continent; via a simplified, customer-centric approach, aimed at maximising group scale, minimising duplication and cost, and leveraging our incredible assets," shared newly appointed co-chief omni officer Claude Hanan. The announcement came as part of the retailer's 2021 financial year-end presentation. TFG (The Foschini Group)
- Ster-Kinekor Theatres (SKT) and the South African State Theatre have announced the lineup of theatre productions that will be screened at cinemas across the country from 18 June 2021.
- Five weeks, five free webinars to get your business fighting fit.
10 July - 8 August OnlineX
- Tractor Outdoor expands its Cape Town network with more RSD sites
- South Africa wins seven Pencils at The One Show 2021
- #PRISMAwards2021: Campaign of the Year - #MyKreepyTeacher
- #YouthMatters: Tristan Shaun Henry celebrates queer youth culture through fashion
- Should you trade in your car? Here's all you need to know
- #YouthMatters: Ashleigh Burton, head of social media at Weber Shandwick Africa
- #Newsmaker: Boniswa Pezisa joins Mediology as executive director
South Africa's D&AD 2021 winners: The Odd Number wins 2 pencils
Terry McKenna, executive creative director at the Odd Number
With international awards season underway, as well as The One Club’s Creative Week underway from 7-11 June, South Africa has been making impressive strides. For D&AD, three South African companies have won multiple pencils and seven were shortlisted for awards.
D&AD announced the Pencil winners across the Craft, Next, Advertising, Side Hustle and Collaborative categories...
Here, McKenna specifically speaks about their win and how they plan on continuing the good work they have been doing…
We are very proud to have picked up two D&AD Graphite Pencils for the Salvation Army ‘if It Doesn’t Fit’ press campaign. One in the Press & Outdoor category and one in the Photography category. We also picked up a shortlist for the BCC Earth Kasi Sensei Radio campaign in the Casting category. Our thanks go out to all our clients and amazing suppliers that helped make these pieces of work a reality.
This is the first time that the Odd Number has picked up Pencils at D&AD. For an agency that is only six years old to start winning at international award shows, not only makes us extremely proud, it gives us the belief that we can go on to achieve much more in the future.
Keep making work that makes us feel something, that gets us excited, that makes us happy. The rest will follow.
In the second virtual ceremony, on 27 May at 7pm, D&AD announced 3 Black Pencil winners, alongside the President's Award and the remaining Pencil winners across the Culture, Design and Impact categories...