- District Media Group started with a single building wrap in the Johannesburg CBD five years ago and, this year, it has launched its first digital site in the heart of the Sandton CBD. The boards set in the heart of Africa's richest square mile are the first of its nationwide roll out. District Media Group
- The tax season is about to open and, because you've probably spent a big chunk of the last year working from home, there may be potential deductions you could claim when filing your personal return.
- The Duke Group has partnered with Instant Grass founder, Greg Potterton to launch Nude, a dedicated ethnographic, market research agency.
- Study: HIV and TB co-infection skews Covid-19 T cell response
- #BehindtheBrandManager: Alexia Poulos, national marketing and events manager at Primedia Broadcasting
- #SARadioAwards: Station of the Year finalists, Bright Stars and Hall of Fame inductees announced
- Why Yoco rebranded
- Behind the station: Kfm 94.5 station manager: Stephen Werner
- Cannes Lions 2021 awards a Silver Lion to 'The Rape Page' by Ogilvy Cape Town and Rape Crisis
- #Exclusive: How the Loeries #fightthegoodfight campaign came about
South Africa's D&AD 2021 winners: The Odd Number wins 2 pencils
Terry McKenna, executive creative director at the Odd Number
With international awards season underway, as well as The One Club’s Creative Week underway from 7-11 June, South Africa has been making impressive strides. For D&AD, three South African companies have won multiple pencils and seven were shortlisted for awards.
D&AD announced the Pencil winners across the Craft, Next, Advertising, Side Hustle and Collaborative categories...
Here, McKenna specifically speaks about their win and how they plan on continuing the good work they have been doing…
We are very proud to have picked up two D&AD Graphite Pencils for the Salvation Army ‘if It Doesn’t Fit’ press campaign. One in the Press & Outdoor category and one in the Photography category. We also picked up a shortlist for the BCC Earth Kasi Sensei Radio campaign in the Casting category. Our thanks go out to all our clients and amazing suppliers that helped make these pieces of work a reality.
This is the first time that the Odd Number has picked up Pencils at D&AD. For an agency that is only six years old to start winning at international award shows, not only makes us extremely proud, it gives us the belief that we can go on to achieve much more in the future.
Keep making work that makes us feel something, that gets us excited, that makes us happy. The rest will follow.
In the second virtual ceremony, on 27 May at 7pm, D&AD announced 3 Black Pencil winners, alongside the President's Award and the remaining Pencil winners across the Culture, Design and Impact categories...