- Brave Group is excited to announce an increasing investment into digital resources for the Motherboard team. Motherboard is Brave Group's digital communication and transformation business, headed by Musa Kalenga, Brave Group chief future officer. Brave Group
- Kaya 959 boosts station lineup with strong nighttime talk lineup
- #YouthMonth2021: A reminder of how far education still has to go
- #YouthMatters: Daniella Galante of RX Africa on her love of storytelling, and staying true to who you are
- Small towns are collapsing across South Africa. How it's starting to affect farming
- UCook and Faithful to Nature acquire Granadilla Eats
- #StartupStory: Kawiwi, an online marketplace for freelancers, consultants and service providers
- #Exclusive: Promise Group makes strides at The One Show Awards 2021
South Africa's D&AD 2021 winners: The Odd Number wins 2 pencils
Terry McKenna, executive creative director at the Odd Number
With international awards season underway, as well as The One Club’s Creative Week underway from 7-11 June, South Africa has been making impressive strides. For D&AD, three South African companies have won multiple pencils and seven were shortlisted for awards.
D&AD announced the Pencil winners across the Craft, Next, Advertising, Side Hustle and Collaborative categories...
Here, McKenna specifically speaks about their win and how they plan on continuing the good work they have been doing…
We are very proud to have picked up two D&AD Graphite Pencils for the Salvation Army ‘if It Doesn’t Fit’ press campaign. One in the Press & Outdoor category and one in the Photography category. We also picked up a shortlist for the BCC Earth Kasi Sensei Radio campaign in the Casting category. Our thanks go out to all our clients and amazing suppliers that helped make these pieces of work a reality.
This is the first time that the Odd Number has picked up Pencils at D&AD. For an agency that is only six years old to start winning at international award shows, not only makes us extremely proud, it gives us the belief that we can go on to achieve much more in the future.
Keep making work that makes us feel something, that gets us excited, that makes us happy. The rest will follow.
In the second virtual ceremony, on 27 May at 7pm, D&AD announced 3 Black Pencil winners, alongside the President's Award and the remaining Pencil winners across the Culture, Design and Impact categories...