Creative Week 2021
- Telkom has announced that its CEO and executive director Sipho Maseko will step down on 30 June 2022. The telecoms company said the process to appoint a successor is well underway and a designated group CEO will be announced in the not too distant future.
- Few food brands have the historical connection with consumers around the world as Kellogg's does, having held meaning at the breakfast table for over a century. Lauren Hartzenberg
- It is possible that cooking oil prevented more looting in South Africa in the last week than the president, the ANC, the intelligence community, the army and the police combined. This, without question, says something about the versatility of the product. It says even more about the state of the state. When you are shown up by canola, you might want to revisit your strategy. Howard Feldman
- Performance Media across Search, Social and Programmatic platforms is the single fastest growing area of digital media in South Africa. Combine that with the detailed analysis of campaign management, tagging and ad operations, and it becomes apparent that these highly specialist functions require a highly specialised unit.
- The Transnet Port Terminals website has been hacked, implying that all companies under Transnet have been affected. All Transnet websites were down at the time when reporting was done for this SA Trucker article. The publication cited sources who requested to remain anonymous because they are not allowed to speak to the media.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has hit South Africa's small business sector hard and there are grim statistics to bear this out. Those statistics will not be repeated here. After all, if you are a small business owner setting out on the road to recovery, the last thing you probably want is more details of the toll the pandemic has taken on small enterprises. Far more useful would be some good, solid tips on how to build back better after any business setbacks. Ameen Hassen
The One Club offers special SA pricing for all-access to Creative Week 2021
The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost nonprofit organisation whose mission is to support the global creative community, is offering a special affordable registration price for South Africans interested in attending all programming at this year’s online Creative Week 2021, 7-11 June 2021.
Under the banner “Connect. Provoke. Inspire.,” Creative Week 2021 encompasses nearly 100 online events over five days, with sessions featuring top creative leaders, virtual visits inside some of the most successful agencies in the world, winners ceremonies for The One Show and historic ADC 100th Annual Awards and much more.
“As a global organisation, it’s important to us that South Africa have a place on the global stage of Creative Week, and be represented by attendees,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club. “This greatly reduced registration fee is an example of how the club places people and purpose before profit: our goal is to have South African creatives involved and engaged with Creative Week, and the global community.”
As part of the all-access pass, registrants also get to attend the “Creative Week 2021 Global Media Talks: South Africa” online panel, cohosted by Bizcommunity and The Creative Circle on 10 June, 5-6pm SAST.
Speakers on the special panel - all Creative Circle members and have served on juries for The One Show - are Camilla Clerke, ECD, Ogilvy Cape Town; Xolisa Dyeshana, ECD/partner, Joe Public United, Johannesburg; and Neo Mashigo, CCO, M&C Saatchi Abel Group, Johannesburg.
The panel, moderated by industry advocate Ann Nurock, senior partner, Relationship Audits & Management and a Bizcommunity contributor, will include discussion of creative trends and other industry issues in South Africa, and a Q&A portion where attendees can engage and interact with panelists.
Creative Week 2021 overview
For the low registration price, creatives in South Africa gain access to all Creative Week 2021 programming on the Main, Agency, Awards and Education Stages, including:
- Awards Stage: The One Show 2021, historic ADC 100th Annual Awards, Young Ones Student Awards and TDC special awards ceremonies, as well as panels and workshops with the creative teams responsible for this year’s biggest winners.
- Agency Stage: Take a glimpse inside the offices and lives of our creative community from around the world with agency tours, panels, workshops and networking focused on agency culture and what you can do to inspire your teams. Visit agencies including Droga5, McCann, FCB, The Martin Agency, Big Spaceship, MadeBrave, Venables Bell & Partners, VMLY&R, Zambezi, Jones Knowles Ritchie, 22Squared, Zulu Alpha Kilo, Cactus, Mekanism, Day One and Barbarian.
- “Games, Game Engines, Metahumans, the Metaverse, and Real-Time Production”: Epic Games, a leading interactive entertainment company recently named one of the Time100 Most Influential Companies of 2021 and developer of Unreal Engine and Fortnite, will host five sessions on how game technology is empowering creators and redefining pipelines for VFX, filmmaking, interactive experiences and more.
- Health Pharm: Daily sessions with McCann Health Global CCO Matt Eastwood on things wished he'd known before joining the world of healthcare advertising.
- Daily panels and virtual events corresponding to The One Club’s four operational pillars — Creative Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Gender Equality and Education - as well as Brand-Side creative agencies. Content for and by the global creative community, including an array of panels, presentations and screenings featuring many of the world’s top creative leaders.
- Global Media Talks, with leading ad publications in 10 countries and regions around the world hosting an information and lively series of panels with the top creatives in their country to discuss global creative trends and the best work of the past year.
- Education Stage, featuring online portfolio reviews from leading creatives, recruiting booths run by top agencies, and a full-day Global Educators Summit, The One Club’s annual symposium where creative teachers, professors, administrators, and other educators discuss the issues they face in the classroom.
In addition to programming included in the all-access Creative Week pass, two other events requiring separate tickets are taking place: the Creative unConference, a crowd-sourced, interactive event featuring multiple breakout rooms and an opportunity for anyone to lead a session; and the Executive Creative Summit, bringing together C-suite creatives, agency founders and partners to discuss “What keeps them up at night” and the issues that affect their businesses, far beyond the scope of creativity.
Creative Week 2021 branding was created by Benny Gold, senior graphic designer, Goodby Silverstein Partners, San Francisco.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Type Directors Club Communication Design and Typeface Design awards, Young Guns and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organisation whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. Established in 1921, the global ADC Annual Awards are the world’s longest continuously running creative award for advertising and design, honoring excellence in craft, design and innovation. Creative Week takes place in June, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.
Bizcommunity and The Creative Circle partner with The One Club to host "Global Media Talks: South Africa" at Creative Week 2021
As part of global programming during The One Club for Creativity's Creative Week 2021, Bizcommunity and The Creative Circle will jointly be the exclusive South Africa hosts of the "Creative Week 2021 Global Media Talks" online panel...
Bizcommunity.com 5 May 2021
- August #WomensMonth made possible by the Intercare Group20 Jul 09:52
- Cannes Trend Talks 2021 Official Programme released13 Jul 13:19
- #MandelaDay2021: Call to action12 Jul 09:59
- Official Cannes representative Ster-Kinekor, Creative Circle and Bizcommunity present Cannes Trend Talks 202130 Jun 12:23
- SA creative students register for Portfolio Review at The One Club for Creativity 2021 for only R12528 May 09:13