IAB Bookmarks Awards and Summit
More IAB Bookmarks Awards and Summit news...Submit news
- Haydn Townsend, IAB SA chair has announced that Paula Hulley, IAB SA CEO will not be renewing her contract into 2022.
- On 16 September 2021, Netflix announced a commitment of $400,000 (R5.5m) in the form of a grant and creation of scholarships to extend the support for Black representation in the film and TV industry to the creative ecosystem in South Africa.
- Everything has changed. That is a given. And so when Net#work BBDO moved into their new offices and started unpacking the 27 years of awards haul for the shelves, the leadership team had, well, a meltdown.
- Netwerk24, the acting digital home of Media24's Afrikaans titles, is moving to a new platform in early October. It will also be launching a brand new app.
- The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) market makes up a significant proportion of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP), but the real issue is that money laundering is used to fund other illicit activities, such as smuggling, bribery, corruption, cybercrime, illegal arms dealing, human trafficking, modern slavery, and more. Amit Singh
- The Clicks Group has said that its total South African Special Risks Insurance Association (Sasria) claim related to the civil unrest in July amounts to R726m, comprising loss of stock of R522m (carrying value of R334m), replacement of fixed assets of R182m (carrying value R61m) and other costs of R22m.
Media titan Selae Thobakgale to host the upcoming IAB Bookmark Awards
It's a momentous period of transformation for the digital marketing industry, which has continuously evolved over the years. New technologies and integrated strategies are refined, devotedly, for effective brand building and marketing performance. The IAB Bookmark Awards will be celebrating 13 years of this digital excellence, giving recognition to pioneering agencies, brands and publishers, whose campaigns, platforms and impactful creative executions, set the benchmark for excellence in digital media and marketing.
The event takes place on 29 July and IAB is proud to announce that legacy Yo-TV presenter, digital powerhouse, advertising marketer and brand builder, co-founder of Strategy Network and currently the chief strategy officer at The Odd Number, Selae Thobakgale is this year’s host. The media and advertising titan will lead the announcement of South African digital marketing’s industry benchmarks alongside the 2021 Bookmarks Round Table of industry executives.
“The Bookmark Awards have always celebrated innovation, creativity and effectiveness and is the unrivalled benchmark of local digital advertising excellence. As the world of advertising has shifted, digital has grown and evolved into a channel that delivers real business results and through this evolution, the Bookmarks stands for more than just great digital work – it is the flagship to drive digital change. Winning a Bookmark award is recognition of work that helps move our industry forward and we wish all our finalists the best of luck for the 29th of July,” says IAB SA CEO Paula Hulley.
2021 marks the second year in which the Bookmarks are virtually presented since the outbreak of Covid-19. This has further validated the role of the awards in awarding the modification and pivotal digital transformations that have made it possible for cutting-edge work to be done. Under the theme ‘13 years of moving the industry forward’, the Bookmarks will promote noteworthy executions that are critical for future proofing the industry.
To book a seat at the Bookmark Awards, head to https://www.iabbookmarkawards.co.za/
Registration is open until 28 July 2021.
The awards will be an honour to work created under the categories: Platforms, Community, Channels, Publishing, Campaign, Craft, Emerging Channels and Special Honours.
The 13th Annual Bookmark Awards, powered by DStv Media Sales and brought to you by Accenture Interactive, 24.com, Everlytic, Google, Joe Public, Tractor Outdoor, Absa, iProspect, Bizcommunity and Mediamark.
About the IAB Bookmark Awards
The Bookmarks are a crucial part of the IAB SA’s mandate to empower the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. IAB SA membership comprises more than 150 leading media companies, brands and the technology firms responsible for enabling excellence in digital marketing focusing on identifying and targeting audiences, delivering and optimising campaigns to these audiences and the innovation and selling of such activities. The non-profit, non-government, trade group fields critical research on interactive advertising, while also educating brands, agencies, publishers. and the wider business community on the importance of digital marketing. For more information on the Bookmark Awards, click here.
The IAB South Africa, is an independent, voluntary, non-profit association focused on growing and sustaining a vibrant and profitable digital industry within South Africa.
- New research: South African online audience news consumption and behaviour report26 Aug 14:57
- IAB Front Row 2021 winners announced05 Aug 11:39
- Anticipation builds ahead of the IAB Bookmark Awards 2021! Watch, enter or win22 Jul 15:07
- IAB SA calls on young, black, digital media and marketing students to enter the career-making Front Row 202113 Jul 13:49
- Media titan Selae Thobakgale to host the upcoming IAB Bookmark Awards12 Jul 09:38
Read more: Google, 24.com, Absa, Joe Public, Bizcommunity, Tractor Outdoor, iProspect, Mediamark, DStv Media Sales, Everlytic, IAB South Africa, IAB Bookmark Awards, Accenture Interactive, Covid-19