SA adds three more Lions to Cannes 2022 tally
Joe Public United and VMLY&R have been awarded a Bronze Lion each in the Cannes Lions 2022 Craft category under Design.
Source: Clio Awards Clio AwardsThe Soulful Safelamp from Chicken Licken and Joe Public United won a Bronze Lion at Cannes 2022
Joe Public United received a Bronze Lion for client Chicken Licken for its Soulfuel, Safelamp campaign under Consumer Technology and Homeware.
VMLY&R Cape Town's Bronze Lion was for client Colgate for its Nugen campaign under Lifestyle, Fashion, Leisure, Sports and Outlook.
In addition, Ogilvy South Africa collaborated with Geometry Ogilvy Japan for client Spotify in that country, for the campaign Sound Tour won a Silver Lion and Silver Lion Campaign. The two agencies received Silver Lion Campaigns for Sound Tour - Sakura and Sound Tour - Lantern.
SA Cannes Lions tally
So far South Africa has won one Gold, three Silver, three Silver Campaign, and four Bronze Lions.
- Gold: Jab Jab: Grey and Savanna: Classic: Radio & Audio: Script
- Silver: The Coca-Cola Beatcan Campaign: FCB Africa and The Coca-Cola Company: Classic: Radio & Audio: Food & Drink
- Silver: Gluten: The Odd Number and Game: Classic: Radio & Audio: Casting & Performance
- Silver Campaign: Caffein: The Odd Number and Game: Classic: Radio & Audio: Casting & Performance
- Silver: Sound Tour: Ogilvy South Africa with Geometry Ogilvy Japan and Spotify: Industry Craft: Outdoor
- Silver Campaign: Sound Tour - Sakura: Ogilvy South Africa with Geometry Ogilvy Japan and Spotify: Industry Craft: Outdoor
- Silver Campaign: Sound Tour - Lantern: Ogilvy South Africa with Geometry Ogilvy Japan and Spotify: Industry Craft: Outdoor
- Bronze: Jab Jab: Grey and Savanna: Classic: Radio & Audio: Local Brand
- Bronze: Bride Armour: Ogilvy and Carling Black Label (AB InBev): Outdoor: Single-market Campaign
- Bronze: Soulfuel, Safelamp: Joe Public United and Chicken Licken Craft: Design: Consumer Technology and Homeware.
- Bronze: Nugen: VMLY&R Cape Town and Colgate, Craft: Design: Lifestyle, Fashion, Leisure, Sports and Outdoors
In total Grey and Ogilvy have won two Lions. FCB Africa, Joe Public United and VMLY&R have one Lion apiece as well as The Odd Number, which also has a Silver Campaign.
The most successful category for South African agencies has been Radio & Audio with four Lions and a Silver Campaign, then Craft: Design with two Lions, and Industry Craft and Outdoor with one Lion each.
See all the winners and shortlists here
Read more: Design Lions, Savanna, Grey, Ogilvy SA, Chicken Licken, Colgate, Joe Public United, FCB Africa, The Odd Number, VMLY&R, Craft Lions