IAB Bookmarks Awards and Summit
Marketing & Media jobs
- Account Manager - Client Services Johannesburg
- Digital Marketing Intern Cape Town
- Photography Intern Cape Town
- Community Manager Johannesburg
- Analytics/Insights Analyst Johannesburg
- Digital Strategist Johannesburg
- Senior Account Director Johannesburg
- Field Force Marketing Director Johannesburg
- Senior Digital Designer Johannesburg
- Sales Manager Johannesburg
#BREAKINGNEWS: Bookmarks cancels gala event, goes digital
Paula Hulley, CEO IAB SA
“While all systems are on track for the 2020 award announcements next Thursday, we are taking a cautious approach, based on the industry’s response to COVID-19,” says IAB SA CEO Paula Hulley, “In conversations regarding company mandate to minimise risk to assure health and safety, we have decided to ask our attendees not to gather in the same venue at the event and as such we have cancelled the physical event planned for 19 March 2020 at The Galleria, ” Hulley continues.
Taking the awards experience to a digital audience
“We are grateful to our partners for their positive response in our plan to pivot to a new event format and keep the show on the road at this time of global crises,” comments 2020 Bookmarks Jury President, Andrea Quaye, adding: “We are transforming the 2020 event into a digital-first, free awards experience that will be accessible to all online through the IAB SA digital platforms and supporting local media.”
For more information on how to attend the virtual event, keep an eye on the Instagram account, @iab_sa.
Event tickets and refunds
- For individuals who have already purchased tickets via the Howler platform please action your refund by emailing .
- If you have paid for your ticket via the IAB SA, please email to request your refund.
The 12th Annual Bookmark Awards, Powered By DSTV Media Sales and in partnership with Newsclip, G-Star, 24.com, Arena Holdings, the South African, Red & Yellow Creative School of Business, HelloFCB+ and Gumtree are on Thursday the 19 March 2020 via digital channels. More information to be released on Twitter @iab_sa and Instagram @iab_southafrica The IAB SA Bookmarks Front Row winners will be announced on Monday 16th March 2020 and be part of the new event format and the IAB SA are still taking applicants for future events with a raised age of 28 years.
IAB South Africa's press office
|The IAB South Africa, is an independent, voluntary, non-profit association focused on growing and sustaining a vibrant and profitable digital industry within South Africa.|
- Bookmarks 2020 - the show goes on(line)!18 Mar 09:24
- #BREAKINGNEWS: Bookmarks cancels gala event, goes digital13 Mar 10:13
- IAB invites young, black and gifted creatives to take up space in the Front Row10 Mar 11:06
- 2020 Bookmark Awards finalists are announced24 Feb 15:41
- The IAB South Africa chair and vice-chair announced12 Dec 10:21