Cannes Lions 2022: It's a wrap as SA Young Lions win Bronze
This gives South Africa a total of 12 Lions and three Silver Campaigns from this year's Cannes Lions.
In addition, the Continent added to its tally is a first-ever Gold Lion for Kenya for Ogilvy Africa, and the first Gold for any country or agency in East, Central and West Africa.
The agency won the Gold Lion in the Design – Special Editions & Bespoke Items category for Lesso Lessons.
12 Lions for SA
SA's tally includes two Gold Lions, with Ogilvy SA and Grey each bringing home a Gold Lion.
In addition to its Gold Lion, Ogilvy also collected a Silver Lion, and a Bronze, a total of three Lions. It also was awarded two Silver Campaigns.
VMLY&R also collected three Lions - one Silver Lion and two Bronze. Grey also received a Bronze Lion. FCB Africa, The Odd Number and Joe Public bring home one Lion apiece, with The Odd Number also awarded a Silver Campaign.
- Gold: Bride Armour: Ogilvy SA and Carling Black Label: Media: Use of Events
- Gold: Jab Jab: Grey and Savanna: Classic: Radio & Audio: Script
- Silver: Vodacom Anti-hijack Ad’s: VMLY&R and Vodacom: Media: Use of Real-Time data.
- Silver: The Coca-Cola Beatcan Campaign: FCB Africa and The Coca-Cola Company: Classic: Radio & Audio: Food & Drink
- Silver: Gluten: The Odd Number and Game: Classic: Radio & Audio: Casting & Performance
- Silver: Sound Tour: Ogilvy SA with Geometry Ogilvy Japan and Spotify: Industry Craft: Outdoor
- Silver Campaign: Sound Tour - Sakura: Ogilvy SA with Geometry Ogilvy Japan and Spotify: Industry Craft: Outdoor
- Silver Campaign: Sound Tour - Lantern: Ogilvy SA with Geometry Ogilvy Japan and Spotify: Industry Craft: Outdoor
- Silver Campaign: Caffein: The Odd Number and Game: Classic: Radio & Audio: Casting & Performance
- Bronze: Vodacom Anti-hijack Ad’s: VMLY&R and Vodacom: Creative Data: Data-driven Targeting
- Bronze: Jab Jab: Grey and Savanna: Classic: Radio & Audio: Local Brand
- Bronze: Bride Armour: Ogilvy and Carling Black Label (AB InBev): Outdoor: Single-market Campaign
- Bronze: Soulfuel, Safelamp: Joe Public United and Chicken Licken Craft: Design: Consumer Technology and Homeware.
- Bronze: Nugen: VMLY&R Cape Town and Colgate, Craft: Design: Lifestyle, Fashion, Leisure, Sports and Outdoors
, Young Lions Film compeition, Young Lions