Here is a delicious and moist banana bread recipe to try...
• Two cups of flour
• 3/4 cup of unrefined cane sugar
• 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar (treacle)
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 cup of plain soy/vegan milk
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• Two cups of mashed ripe banana (about four)
• 1/4 cup sunflower oil
• Two tablespoons of maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/paste
1. Turn oven on to 180°
2. Sift together dry ingredients.
3. Whisk together milk and cider vinegar and stand for two minutes. Add rest of wet ingredients and whisk well.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet, do not overmix.
5. Bake for an hour.
6. Allow to cool on cooling rack and enjoy!Recipe by Wilma Tarr Saute for HSI/Africa
More Green Monday SA recipes.