Use this stirred through plain cooked maize meal, or add to cooked vegetables, or spread onto thin slices of cold maize meal and add sliced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and top with another thin slice of maize meal to make a 'sandwich'.
Add to cooked spaghetti and then add a drained tin of peas to the spaghetti.
• One clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
• One cup of parsley leaves
• One cup of basil leaves (or other fresh herbs like coriander or thyme)
• Half a cup of mint (important)
• One teaspoon of mustard (optional)
• One teaspoon of lemon juice
• Salt and pepper
• A little oil to blend it together
1. Finely chop the garlic and herbs together, then add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. (You can also add all the ingredients to a blender)
2. Taste and add more seasoning if required. Recipe by Toni Brockhoven for HSI / Africa.More Green Monday Recipes.