More Loeries news...Submit news
- Leading fashion and lifestyle retailer TFG shared its strategy to revolutionise the omnichannel experience and transform into Africa's leading high-tech omnichannel retailer. "We are laying the foundations to become the largest, most reliable and most profitable e-commerce destination on the continent; via a simplified, customer-centric approach, aimed at maximising group scale, minimising duplication and cost, and leveraging our incredible assets," shared newly appointed co-chief omni officer Claude Hanan. The announcement came as part of the retailer's 2021 financial year-end presentation. TFG (The Foschini Group)
- Last night, 8 June, The Hospitality Counsel hosted their 3rd annual Luxe Restaurant Awards, celebrating the finest contributions to the South African restaurant industry, at AURUM restaurant within The Leonardo, Africa's tallest skyscraper.
- Ster-Kinekor Theatres (SKT) and the South African State Theatre have announced the lineup of theatre productions that will be screened at cinemas across the country from 18 June 2021.
- The Business Finance Bootcamp
- Tractor Outdoor expands its Cape Town network with more RSD sites
- South Africa wins seven Pencils at The One Show 2021
- #PRISMAwards2021: Campaign of the Year - #MyKreepyTeacher
- #YouthMatters: Tristan Shaun Henry celebrates queer youth culture through fashion
- Should you trade in your car? Here's all you need to know
- #YouthMatters: Ashleigh Burton, head of social media at Weber Shandwick Africa
Creative Circle monthly award winners for November and December announced
The winners for the Creative Circle Monthly Awards, for work flighted during November and December 2019, were announced at Havas in Johannesburg.
Jury chair Roanna Williams with the rest of the jury.
The duties of jury chair was held by executive creative director of Black River FC, Roanna Williams.
The jury constituted a combination of senior and junior creatives from Creative Circle member agencies, allowing the judging process to act as an all-important training ground for up-and-coming South African creatives. The panel included:
Other jury members were:
- Vumile Mavumengwana, ECD, VM DSGN
- Claudi Potter, creative director, Joe Public United
- Andile Khambule, copywriter Ogilvy Joburg
- Thabiso Sindani, copywriter, Havas
- Neo Makongoza, copywriter, TBWA\Hunt Lascaris
- Glenn Jeffery, creative director, Grey
- Masholotlo Sibeko, digital strategist, The Odd Number
- Mthokzisi Sithole, senior copywriter, McCann 1886
- Mohlalifi Lentsoane, M&C Saatchi Abel JHB
- Portia Mamosebo, copywriter, King James II
- Khanyi Mpumlwana, creative director, FCB Africa
The categories judged were Print, Digital & Interactive, Film, Radio & Audio, Out of Home, PR & Media, Live and Integrated.
All the Monthly Award winners for November & December 2019:
|First||Joe Public United||Digital Communication - Nov 19||Jet (Edcon)||A Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign||The Great Stigma Clearance|
|Second||Ogilvy Cape Town, Mindshare, Cali4ways Games||Digital Communication - Nov 19||KFC||KFC Delivery||KFC - Boetfighter|
|Third||King James Group||Digital Communication - Nov 19||Johnson and Johnson||Stayfree® menstural care||In Sync with Sho Madjozi|
|Second||King James Group||Digital Communication - Dec 19||Sanlam||Cancer Benefit||Cost of Cancer|
|Third||HelloFCB+||Digital Communication - Dec 19||Investec Asset Management||Tax Free Savings Account||Spender-vention|
|Second||TBWA Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg||PR & Media Communication - Nov 19||Hype Magazine, Tears Foundation||Womans Month||#BlameNoMore|
|First||Black River FC / Avatar PR||Live Communications - Dec 19||People Opposing Women Abuse||Women Abuse||RSA|
|Second||The Riverbed Marketing and Communications Agency Pty Ltd||Out of Home - Nov 19||Aware.Org||Alcohol awareness and education||Phuza Nathi sippy cup|
|Third||Havas Worldwide Johannesburg||Out of Home - Nov 19||Right 2 Read||Education||Books. Lots of them.|
|First||Black River FC||Out of Home - Dec 19||People Opposing Women Abuse||Women Abuse||RSA|
|Third||Havas Worldwide Johannesburg||Out of Home - Dec 19||Mail & Guardian||Mail & Guardian||Equations|
|First||Black River FC||Print Communication - Dec 19||People Opposing Women Abuse||Women Abuse||5760 Victims|
|Third||Black River FC||Print Communication - Dec 19||People Opposing Women Abuse||Women Abuse||RSA|
|Second||Ogilvy JHB||Radio & Audio - Dec 19||MultiChoice DStv||DStv Compact||Tokoloshi|
|Third||Joe Public United||Radio & Audio - Dec 19||ABinBev||Castle Free||Slur-Free on the road|
|First||HelloFCB+||Film - Nov 19||CANSA||CANSA||Don't Fear the Finger|
|Second||Joe Public United||Film - Nov 19||Chicken Licken||Various||Taxi Maths|
|Third||King James Group||Film - Nov 19||Sanlam Investment Management||Investments||A Whole New World|
|Second||HelloFCB+||Film - Dec 19||City of Cape Town||16 Days of Activism||My first joke|
|Third||TBWA Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg||Film - Dec 19||Datsun South Africa||GO||Get Two|
|First||Joe Public United||Integrated Campaign - Nov 19||Jet (Edcon)||A Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign||The Great Stigma Clearance|
|Third||HelloFCB+||Integrated Campaign - Nov 19||CANSA||CANSA||Don't Fear the Finger|
|First||Black River FC / Avatar PR||Integrated Campaign - Dec 19||People Opposing Women Abuse||Women Abuse||RSA|
All winning work can be viewed here.
The Creative Circle represents advertising and design agencies, and only Creative Circle members are eligible to enter the awards. All monthly winners are shortlisted for the Annual Awards that will take place on the 20th of February 2020 at Katy’s Palace Bar.
All Creative Circle and Brand Council Members are welcome. Please rsvp at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31 January 2020. Numbers are limited and are on a first come first served basis.