More Loeries news...Submit news
- Briony Brookes is head of PR and communications at Cape Town Tourism. Spending the best part of her career in radio as head of Brand for KFM and Cape Talk, she then spent some time in the investment industry with Sanlam and Old Mutual before joining the exciting world of tourism just over two years ago. Robin Fredericks
- Kate Owen is Uber SA marketing manager for Rides and Eats, based in Johannesburg. Having been at Uber for over four years, Kate has covered the marketing for Uber South Africa, the brand campaigns for Uber SSA and now research and strategy.
Prior to this, Owen gained through-the-line and digital marketing experience working for Ogilvy and Mather Johannesburg where she operated in a client service role working with international brands across the retail, FMCG and broadcast sectors. Robin Fredericks
- SA consumers increasingly anxious about finance and health
- Advertising. A restaurant without a kitchen
- Tech brand Stuff expands into TV
- The new iProspect Future Focus Report explores the intersection of consumer attention, commerce and data
- Resignation or dismissal? Be aware of what you say...
- 5 ways to write an engaging value proposition for your website
- Lockdowns shut many doors, but opportunity is now knocking
Marketing & Media jobs
More...Submit a jobOpen account
- Digital Advertising Sales Executive Cape Town
- Account Leadership/Account Executive Cape Town
- Senior Technical Specialist - Digital Cape Town
- Freelance Sales Executives Johannesburg
- Junior Creative/Designer Cape Town
- Structural Designer Johannesburg
- Sales Person Johannesburg, Durban
- Digital Strategy Manager Cape Town
- Creative Desinger Johannesburg
- Data Marketing Strategist Johannesburg
#Loeries2018: Tres Colacion and Giancarlo Rodas on winning a Grand Prix for 'Lucky Face'
Impact BBDO Dubai took home a Grand Prix for La Libanaise Des Jeux's 'Lucky Face' in the integrated campaign category at this year's Loerie Awards on Saturday, 18 August at the Durban ICC.
Photo by Roy Esterhuysen / 2018 Loerie Awards / Gallo Images
The campaign itself also received a Gold in the Media Innovation - Single Medium category, a Campaign Gold in the Data Driven Campaign category, a Campaign Silver in the Digital Integrated Campaign category, and a Craft Certificate in the Digital Crafts - Use of Technology category, contributing to a total of 17 Loerie Awards for Impact BBDO Dubai this year, second to Joe Public United as Agency of the Year.
I interviewed creative directors Tres Colacion and Giancarlo Rodas to find out what makes this particular campaign stand out and what the win means to them…
What does this recognition mean to you/for the agency?
It’s always an honour to be recognised by your peers. We’re proud of the work that we’ve done over the last year and of our clients who have continued to push the envelope. This year particularly stands out as we’ve won on a wide variety of work spanning from the digital and mobile space to traditional media.
Why are you proud to have won a Grand Prix for La Libanaise Des Jeux’s ‘Lucky Face’ in the integrated campaign category?
Integrated is a category that challenges different elements of your work. It’s usually associated with work that is more traditional in feel, and we’re very proud to have won this award for work that is very much grounded in tech.
Why do you think this campaign was deserving of such a win?
The stand-out factor is taking the idea of a very traditional concept (the loto) and finding a way to make it relevant to a new generation of players in a way which stays true to the traditions of the game. It’s a business solution.
Photo by Al Nicoll / 2018 Loerie Awards / Gallo Images
Tell us a bit about the thinking behind the idea?
It started very much in the real world. Open Instagram and take a scroll. People today place a value on their own personal brands. Social media is in a space now where anyone can become an influencer, to make a career out of their face. We took that and applied it to the loto.
What was your main takeout from Loeries 2018?
Beyond ideas that work for their respective clients, ideas need to be original. They need to bring a fresh perspective even if the problem is nothing new.
More great, innovative work. Work that solves problems, that helps our clients bridge the gap between their next generation of customers and where their businesses are.
Impact BBDO's Dani Richa and Net#work BBDO's Gau Narayanan shares combined insights into BBDO's Loeries 2017 experience...
Juanita Pienaar 24 Aug 2017
For more info, go to ImpactBBDO.com.
#Loeries2018: ALL THE WINNERS!18 Aug 2018