The Accenture Rising Star Awards Banking & Financial Services category has been won by Absa's Niren Mungar Ram.
The Awards, which recognise the top five professionals in the age category 28 to 40 in different industry sectors, took place at the Sandton Hilton this week.
Source: ©supplied. Banking & Financial Services winner, Niren Mungar Ram, Absa
All the winners
- Banking & Financial Services (Sponsored by SA Taxi) - Niren Mungar Ram, Absa
- Energy & Environment (Sponsored by Sasol) - Mantsie Hlakudi, Eskom
- Entrepreneur (Sponsored by IAMS Powerhouse Consulting) - Veronica Motloutsi, SmartDigital Solution
- ICT (Sponsored by Absa) - Apiwe Hotele, SARAO
- Manufacturing & FMCG (Sponsored by BAT) - Ntsako Baloyi, Coca-Cola South Africa
- Media & Advertising - Philile Mabolloane, Juta & Company
- Mining & Minerals (Sponsored by Rand Refinery) - Thomas Conolly, Anglo American Platinum
- Professional Services (Sponsored by Accenture) - Charity Simamane, PwC
- Service: Public & Private - Melene Rossouw, Women Lead Movement
- Tourism, Retail & Hospitality (Sponsored by Hilton) - Lazo Karapanagiotidis, Massmart
- Transport, Logistics & Security - Amber Louise Sterley, Fidelity Services Group
- Inspirational Leader - Prof Thuli Madonsela
- Rising Star Upliftment Award - Accenture South Africa (2019-2021)
Need for agile leaders
Judges commended this year’s winners for their clarity of vision, all round excellence, sustainable solutioning, meaningful and empowering social initiatives, and remaining resolute in making a profound difference in peoples’ lives.
“We are delighted to have received so many entries from across the country, highlighting the depth of corporate and public sector talent in our country,” says Laura Barker, CEO of BlackBark Productions, organisers of the Rising Star Programme.
“In the dramatically changing business world we find ourselves in, South Africa needs leaders with agility and the ability to lead teams to embrace different ways of thinking to empower them to identify and seize opportunities.
“It is these qualities that we recognise in this year’s winners,” says Barker.
Rising Star has successfully recognised over 500 young individuals over the past nine years in its programme in South Africa and Kenya.