3RC, the leading career expo company in South Africa has launched Swiwel, the world's first 3D Immersive Career Expo. This ground-breaking and engaging experiential platform is expected to host 50,000 visitors over the next 12 to 18 months.
Well known for hosting live Rocking Future Career Expos at schools nationwide, where Grade 12 students are exposed to some of South Africa’s leading private colleges, 3RC is no stranger to innovation. Case in point, in the face of Covid-19 restrictions in 2020, the company quickly pivoted to create its Rocking Future Virtual Career Expos. This move enabled the company to gain unique insights into the decision-making processes and employment desires of this new generation of students, taken from a wider variety of communities and age groups. Further, the virtual extension of 3RC’s offering also served to broaden the company’s reach into the country, completely levelling the playing field for more students around South Africa who previously didn’t have access to information around their career and tertiary education options.
Now, 3RC has launched Swiwel, a virtual platform that’s open 365 days per year, 24 hours per day, and is 100% free for all users both locally and internationally looking to study in South Africa.
What you can expect
Swiwel relies on world class technology and is available across all devices, allowing entrants to virtually experience the exciting education opportunities that lie within from wherever they are. Excitingly, users can put on their own VR goggles to virtually walk through the platform, using smartphones enabled with virtual reality technology to heighten the experience.
Once entrants complete the simple registration process:
- Over 40 exhibitors:<!> Engage with various South African private tertiary institutions and some international placement agencies, peruse 150 qualifications, and interact with video views of campuses spread out over two floors. Stands feature audio-powered presentations, interactive videos with information on the courses and campuses, and even a direct link to talk directly with colleges via WhatsApp.
- Diverse study options:<!> Over 150 study opportunities, from traditional law, engineering, and business options to alternative career paths, including courses from Cheeba Academy, if you’re interested in the cannabis industry, and from GoFourth Learning, a tech company offering courses in fourth industrial revolution career opportunities, like drone pilot and cyber security engineering.
- International qualifications:<!> International opportunities abound, without the heavy financial burden of travel, such as the The Animation School, School of Entrepreneurship or Stadio, an internationally recognised college which has brought together courses from the Southern Business School, Embury Institute for Higher Education, LISOF, and Prestige Academy, offering accredited qualifications via contact, distance and blended learning, across nine campuses. There is also Overseas Placement with IAM360 to universities and colleges all over America.
- Career guidance:<!> Not sure where to start or what you want to study? We suggest visiting the Yenza stand for career guidance support before you go on a tour to really maximise your time in Swiwel.
- Enter the auditorium:<!> Here users gain full access to pre-recorded workshops and presentations from the various institutions.
- Exciting competitions:<!> There are fantastic prizes on offer through amazing competitions hosted by the various stands and brands, including prizes from brands like Staedtler, CASIO and Lee Cooper.
Unprecedented insights and data
3RC is able to map each student entering the platform, strictly adhering to POPI and with parental consent provided for those users under 18 years of age.
Not only is 3RC able to gain valuable insights from the data collected, including target audience statistics, but they are also able to generate leads for participating colleges and brands. Although many of the stands are fully booked, there are a few that are still available to those tertiary institutions and brands still looking to get involved and take advantage of branding and partnership opportunities.
Watch this space to see how 3RC transforms the way in which students carve their own, distinctive futures and make their mark on our country in the years to come.