- Book worms: Philippi learners ace Arts Centre book quizQaqamba Falithenjwa
Ogilvy wins multiple gold on the first night of the 2022 Loerie Awards
Ogilvy were recognised for work across multiple campaigns for Volkswagen, KFC, Coronation and Carling Black Label.
Volkswagen stole the headlines of the night, for its first in South African advertising. “Game On”, a metaverse-inspired campaign, combined Volkswagen's first-ever Non-Fungible Token (NFT) collection with a gamified fan experience. An integrated campaign using multiple media in parallel, to entice a hard-to-reach audience to engage for record levels of time with the brand, alongside record levels of vehicle sales.
Other big winners for Ogilvy were Carling Black Label. Shining a much-needed spotlight on the serious issue of gender-based violence in South Africa, with the campaign “Bride Armour”. A powerful collaboration with fashion designer Suzanne Heyns, using data and insights, captured by Lifeline South Africa, to design a wedding dress from abuse resistant materials. Whilst challenging South African men to take a renewed vow against the GBV pandemic.
“It’s wonderful to see the industry reconnected physically in one place, after so many Covid restrictions, and being able to celebrate the power of Creativity together,” says Pete Case, CEO and creative chairman of Ogilvy South Africa.
Case continues, “It’s our mission to inspire brands and people to impact the world – so we’re immensely proud and humbled by these wins for work that truly delivered impact for our client’s brands. It’s great to see our work back in the Loerie headlines and these results are a truly amazing achievement for our teams and clients. Thank you to the judges for recognising the power of this work. And a very important thank you also to our clients for believing in us and for partnering to create these bold campaigns.”
- Ogilvy and Carling Black Label win the Partnership Award at the 2023 AdFocus Awards28 Nov 10:17
- Assegais announces VW as Marketer of Year and Ogilvy as the Most Effective Agency13 Nov 14:09
- Ogilvy wins Agency of the Year and Most Effective Agency at Loeries 202311 Oct 10:05
- Iron sharpens iron: Women empowering each other for better health06 Oct 15:04
- Unleashing the power of B2B influencer marketing with the new groundbreaking Ogilvy study03 Oct 15:20