IAB Bookmarks Awards and Summit
More IAB Bookmarks Awards and Summit news...Submit news
- District Media Group started with a single building wrap in the Johannesburg CBD five years ago and, this year, it has launched its first digital site in the heart of the Sandton CBD. The boards set in the heart of Africa's richest square mile are the first of its nationwide roll out. District Media Group
- The tax season is about to open and, because you've probably spent a big chunk of the last year working from home, there may be potential deductions you could claim when filing your personal return.
- The Duke Group has partnered with Instant Grass founder, Greg Potterton to launch Nude, a dedicated ethnographic, market research agency.
- Kaya 959 boosts station lineup with strong nighttime talk lineup
- Study: HIV and TB co-infection skews Covid-19 T cell response
- #BehindtheBrandManager: Alexia Poulos, national marketing and events manager at Primedia Broadcasting
- #YouthMonth2021: A reminder of how far education still has to go
- #SARadioAwards: Station of the Year finalists, Bright Stars and Hall of Fame inductees announced
- #Exclusive: Promise Group makes strides at The One Show Awards 2021
- Behind the station: Kfm 94.5 station manager: Stephen Werner
Brave Group's Musa Kalenga Best Individual Contributor to Digital
Technology is changing the future of business and Musa Kalenga's achievements in digital, are testament to this. Kalenga, chief future officer at Brave Group, was announced as Best Individual Contribution to Digital at the 2020 IAB Bookmarks Awards.
His many awards and accolades testify to the depth of his knowledge and the industry’s regard for his prowess. Musa was included on the Mail & Guardian’s list of 200 Young South Africans in 2012. He is the author of Ladders and Trampolines - a book about doing business in Africa.
Speaking on his newest accolade, Kalenga says that the award is another reflection of the growing role of digital as a strategic imperative in business, and a key proof point that the digital industry’s value goes beyond its current offering as it is understood.
“The digital industry has continued to evolve into offering more than a day-to-day functions for business and people. What we’ve seen in recent years is how digital utility and communications provide businesses and society the opportunity to consistently innovate and improve existing methods of how we do and maintain the work.”
“Digital is an untapped resource, with infinite potential, and we need to embrace it as more than just an additional platform in the communications spectrum. I am honoured to receive this award, and I want to thank the team for being with me on this journey, and to the Bookmarks Awards as well.”
The Best Individual Contribution to Digital award honours persons who have made the greatest contribution to the digital industry in South Africa. The winner is selected on presented evidence of innovation and championing digital in marketing, publishing, brands, and others, with further demonstrated success of the digital industry in South Africa.
Group CEO at Brave Group, Karabo Songo says that Kalenga’s focus on digital and the impact of his work with client’s businesses, also reflects Brave Group’s drive to integrate digital into client communications, and overall marketing.
“Digital continues to introduce exciting new dynamics to the marketing industry and for us, it is one of the growth cornerstones for the group. We need to be plugged in to the needs of our clients and stakeholders, and should tap into the pockets of opportunities that are presented and require digital solutions and innovative thinking. We are proud of Musa and celebrate this achievement with him, and he has made our roar as the Lions of Hyde Park, that much louder.”
Musa’s involvement with the Brave Group illustrates his bold, forward-thinking approach to business. He joined forces with Karabo Songo and Andile Khumalo to form Fastgro Marketing and Comms (Pty) Ltd, a 100% black-owned investment firm, to purchase a stake in the agency. Their goal went beyond enhancing Brave Group’s empowerment credentials. Rather, they were focused on pivoting the way the agency functions, introducing proven digital marketing strategies to improve the standing of existing clients and cultivate a new base. This involved moving the agency from the traditional approach, which focuses exclusively on billable creative hours. Instead, Brave Group takes an equity stake in clients’ business, ensuring it has a vested interest in exploring and realising growth areas.
For more information on the Brave Group, please visit bravegroup.co.za and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates, and profiles of our team, and the great work we are doing.
For more on information on this year’s IAB Bookmarks Awards, please visit https://thebookmarks.co.za/.
Brave Group is an assembly of specialist marketing and communication companies that work independently or as a group to guide clients towards more interesting, braver solutions to business challenges.
- Brave Group expands its Motherboard digital team22 Jun 07:59
- Creative director Zamani Ngubane joins the Brave Group pride07 Jun 08:21
- Broadcaster Jeremy Maggs joins Brave Group: One of SA's leading majority Black-owned integrated communications groups05 May 10:54
- Momentum and Brave Group deliver a giant TVC14 Apr 07:53
- Brave Group welcomes Ismail Jooma as the group's new chief strategy officer09 Sep 07:49