One Show Awards
Marketing & Media jobs
- Creative & Multimedia intern Johannesburg
- Project Management and Admin Intern Johannesburg
- Graphic Designer Ga-Rankuwa
- Copywriter Cape Town
- Traffic/Scheduling/Implementation Coordinator Northriding
- Digital Marketing/Social Media Administrator Johannesburg
- Retail Copywriter Johannesburg
- Junior Designer Cape Town
- Senior Sales Consultant Johannesburg
- Sales Executive Cape Town
#OneShow2019: Final night's results!
Scenes from the overall Best in Show (Dream Crazy) as well as SA's Pencil-winning work from the final night of #OneShow2019 (Breaking Ballet and Return to Chapman's Peak).
The One Show 2019, is The One Club for Creativity’s global awards programme celebrating excellence in creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
This second night of The One Show was hosted by actor, comedian and writer Ben Schwartz, known for his roles on NBC’s Parks and Recreation and Showtime's House of Lies. Schwartz is also the voice of Sonic in the upcoming film Sonic: The Hedgehog.
SA's Pencil winners on the second night of the One Show Awards
TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris Johannesburg brought home a Silver Pencil for “Breaking Ballet” on behalf of Joburg Ballet in Social Media: Social Post - Real-time Response.
When you study the world's most iconic work from recent times, you see patterns that may give you a direction of where everything is headed - at least in the short term. However, the world is extremely complex currently, and nothing is clearly defined, especially in the long term...
Peter Khoury 16 Jan 2019
Net#work BBDO Johannesburg picked up SA’s other Pencil of the night, winning a Bronze for “Return to Chapman's Peak” on behalf of Mercedes-Benz in Film, Online Films & Video: Long Form - Single.
Johannesburg's Net#work BBDO has six entries, all for "Return to Chapman's Peak" on behalf of client Mercedes Benz, on the early deadline shortlist for The One Show 2019 global awards...
16 Jan 2019
Both of these were also awarded on the One Show 2019’s first awards evening.
SA’s One Show 2019 Pencil winners, part 2
|PENCIL COLOUR||PRIMARY COMPANY||ENTRY TITLE||CLIENT||DISCIPLINE||CATEGORY|
|Silver||TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris Johannesburg||Breaking Ballet||Joburg Ballet||Social Media||Social Post - Real-time Response|
|Bronze||Net#work BBDO Johannesburg||Return to Chapman's Peak||Mercedes-Benz||Film||Online Films & Video - Long Form - Single|
Merit certificates were also awarded to the following SA finalists on the night:
- Duke Cape Town for Duke’s ‘For Sale Ale’, under Direct Marketing: Out of Home – P.O.P. & In-Store
- FCB Cape Town & Hellocomputer (now combined as HelloFCB+) for Western Cape Government’s ‘Raise your Voice, Not your Phone’, under Social Media: Social Engagement – Community Building
- Joe Public United and Egg Films for SAB - Be The Mentor’s ‘Vuka’, under Film: Cinema Advertising
- M&C Saatchi Abel for Nando's South Africa’s ‘#rightmyname’, under Integrated: Integrated Branding Campaign
- Net#work BBDO for Mercedes-Benz’ ‘Return to Chapman's Peak’, under Film: Cinema Advertising
- Net#work BBDO for Mercedes-Benz’ ‘Return to Chapman's Peak’, under Film: Under 100K Budget
- Ogilvy South Africa: Johannesburg for Philips and The Nelson Mandela Foundation’s ‘#ShaveToRemember’, under Direct Marketing: Experiential – Live Events
- Ogilvy South Africa: Johannesburg for Philips and The Nelson Mandela Foundation’s ‘#ShaveToRemember’, under Experiential & Immersive: Spaces & Immersive – Brand-Owned Experiences
- Ogilvy South Africa: Johannesburg for Philips and The Nelson Mandela Foundation’s ‘#ShaveToRemember’, under Social Media: Social Engagement – Community Building
- TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris for Joburg Ballet’s ‘Breaking Ballet’, under Creative Use of Data: Creative Use of Data – Social Media
- TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris for Joburg Ballet’s ‘Breaking Ballet’, under Creative Use of Data: Creative Use of Data – Storytelling
Best of the rest: One Show 2019 global winners, special awards
The One Show 2019 Best in Show honours, recognising the single most outstanding work entered this year, went to Wieden+Kennedy Portland with Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland for “Dream Crazy”, on behalf of Nike.
A jury of 10 leading global CMOs awarded the 2019 CMO Pencil to David Rubin, chief marketing officer at The New York Times, as a result of their selecting “The Truth Is Worth It” as the world’s single most impactful idea on a brand’s business from the past year.
The prestigious One Show Penta Pencil awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years, was presented to agency adam&eveDDB London and client John Lewis & Partners London.
This year’s top honours, based upon cumulative One Show Pencils and Merits won across all disciplines, are:
- Agency of the Year — Wieden+Kennedy Portland
- In-house Agency of the Year -- Spotify
- Network of the Year — DDB Worldwide
- Creative Holding Company of the Year — Omnicom Group
- Production Company of the Year — MPC
- Client of the Year — Nike
Best of discipline winners for the final night of The One Show 2019
Creative Use of Data: McCann London with Craft/McCann London, Somesuch London and Twentyfour Seven Madrid on “Football Decoded” for Microsoft Xbox
Digital Craft: 360i New York with “Westworld: The Maze” for HBO
Direct Marketing: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Rebel & Rogue New York and Design by Disruption New York with “Billie Jean King Your Shoes” for Adidas
Experiential & Immersive: FCB New York with O Positive New York on “The Whopper Detour” for Burger King
Film: Droga5 New York with “The Truth Is Worth It” for The New York Times
Integrated: Nike Beaverton with Wieden+Kennedy Portland, Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland on “Dream Crazy” for Nike
Interactive & Online: VIRTUE Copenhagen with “adDRESS THE FUTURE” for Carlings
Mobile: MullenLowe SSP3 Bogotá with Macarena Films Bogotá and Cainkade New York “My Line” for Ministry of Technology & Communication of Colombia
Print & Outdoor: Wieden+Kennedy Portland “Dream Crazy” for Nike
Social Influencer Marketing: adam&eveDDB London “#TrollingIsUgly” for The Cybersmile Foundation
Social Media: Wieden+Kennedy Portland “Dream Crazy” for Nike
The One Show awards are part The One Club for Creativity’s Creative Week, which took place from 6 to 10 May 2019 in New York.
The colours of the 711 winners of the 98th global ADC Annual Awards were revealed on the first evening of the One Club for Creativity's Creative Week, held on 6 May 2018 at Metropolitan West in New York, with a Merit Award coming home to SA, for Grid Worldwide's #HopeJoanna...
7 May 2019
The first of two award nights for One Show 2019 is done and dusted, having taken place at the Ziegfeld Ballroom earlier on Wednesday, 8 May, with Africa bringing home 1 gold and 4 bronze pencils...
9 May 2019
Finalists of this year's One Show Awards have been revealed with South African work featuring strongly across the board...
11 Apr 2019
As the pre-eminent festival showcasing the intersection of advertising, innovation and creative thinking, Creative Week also includes the ADC 98th Annual Awards, the dynamic Young Ones Education Festival, inspiring sessions with some of the biggest names in the industry at the Creative Summit and the exclusive Executive Creative Summit, open to a limited number of top-level leaders.
For a complete list of all final night of One Show 2019’s Pencil winners, including Merit winners, visit this download link. Also click through to our One Show special section for all the latest updates on The One Club for Creativity’s Creative Week 2019!