Marketing & Media trends
- While the recent PayProp State of the Rental Industry Survey found that the key challenges agents currently face are a shrinking viable tenant pool, lower tenant affordability and high arrears, the Cape Town market continues to march to its own drum according to Lorraine-Marie Dellbridge, rental manager for Lew Geffen Sotheby's International Realty in Cape Town's Southern Suburbs, False Bay and Noordhoek.
- Pierre Van Tonder, Spur Corporation's former CEO, died in a Cape Town hospital at the age of 62 on Sunday evening, 9 May.
- The Kaya 959 board of directors is pleased to announce the appointment of Sibongile Mtyali as the new Kaya 959 managing director effective 1 June 2021. Mtyali replaces former managing director who stepped down from his position in December 2020. KAYA 959
- Senior Eskom manager suspended, R12m bank account frozen
- MultiChoice Group appoints iProspect Africa as its digital agency of choice
- Clicks to buy Pick n Pay pharmacies
- Bad news for prospective car buyers in South Africa
- 15 facts about the Covid vaccine
- From profit to purpose: How Covid helped an outdoor media owner find its 'why'
- Constitutional Court dismisses appeal in Hartbeespoort Dam ownership case
HR & Management jobs
- Barry Bredenkamp
- Cyril Vuyani Gamede
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
- Xanthe Adams
- Ralf Hennecke
- Frederick Cawood
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
- Reynhardt Uys
- Lee Callakoppen
- Nerine Brink
- Moshe Lichtenstein
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
- Kristen Duff and Gosia Young
- Rucera Seethal
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
The prospect of early Covid-19 vaccination is particularly attractive. However, the subject of compulsory vaccinations is argumentative and there are significant legal and moral facets that must be considered...
The results of Microsoft's first-annual Work Trend Index, The Next Great Disruption is Hybrid Work - Are We Ready?, has revealed seven hybrid work trends...
In this second of a two-part series, Chris Blair, CEO of 21st Century, shares his thoughts about how remuneration committees should approach their executives' remuneration in the evolving landscape...
Chris Blair 26 Mar 2021
Mercer's Global Talent Trends 2020-2021 report has revealed four trends that will assist companies during the post-pandemic recovery...
Shan Radcliffe 8 Mar 2021
According to Boniswa Pezisa, the youngest generation currently joining the workforce - Gen Z - should be made a part of the decision-making process...
Shan Radcliffe 1 Feb 2021
2020 has shown us so many real qualities about leadership. The one that will be most prominent in 2021 and beyond will be the role of the 'adaptive leader'...
Anja van Beek 25 Jan 2021
Everything changed in 2020. Seemingly overnight, companies were forced to abandon their offices, and their staff had to adapt to the challenges of working from home. More unfortunate were those whose jobs were wiped out as their companies downsized or shut down entirely...
Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo 19 Jan 2021
Businesses around the globe have spent the better part of 2020 adjusting to the new reality of remote working. With workplace regulations also becoming stricter, buzzy office spaces might soon become part of a pre-Covid era...
Andrew Bourne 15 Jan 2021
When reflecting on the fourth industrial revolution, a number of things immediately spring to mind - for example, IoT, AI, and robots. Regrettably, little attention is given to individual employees and workers in this emerging industrial world, unless one is discussing the concerns related to potential job losses...
Lyndy van den Barselaar 14 Jan 2021
Most workers are looking forward to returning to the office, post-pandemic, with many saying they'd prefer to spend the majority of their work-week there to meet face-to-face, socialise, brainstorm, and connect with each other again...
The Covid-19 pandemic forced organisations to make a rapid shift to remote work and online project management. Project managers and teams suddenly have an even greater responsibility to communicate and collaborate effectively. According to a recent survey by PwC, this trend is set to continue. But what else can project managers expect in the new year...?
Alison Fergus 13 Jan 2021
The speed with which the C-suite was tasked with managing monumental change as the Covid-19 pandemic took hold is unprecedented. However, one thing is becoming clear: no "new normal" is possible without robust new communication skills...
Annelize van Rensburg 12 Jan 2021
Putting the brakes on business travel and physical offices due to tech transformation...
Johan Botes 11 Jan 2021
The economist John Maynard Keynes predicted in 1930 that the amount we work would gradually shrink to as little as 15 hours a week as technology made us more productive...
Dave Cook 7 Jan 2021