Vega students walk away with eight Loeries at the 2018 awards
This past weekend saw a group of talented students from Vega, a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE), take home an impressive eight Loeries and the Instagram Instahack Award at the 40th annual Loerie Awards, which took place from 17-19 August 2018 at the Durban ICC.
Left to right, Alecea Basson (Vega CT), Chanre Bosch and Bernedene Clausing (Vega Pretoria)
“The Loerie submissions provide our students with a platform to showcase their creative concepts and campaigns that strive to develop meaningful solutions to brand challenges. Working freely on reputable brands like Scarfini and Operation Smile is testament to the positive impact we as advertisers have on the world we live in,” says Lurie.
Vega students once again exceeded expectations with a total of 17 students making it to the finals – 13 of them were announced as Loerie winners and received four silver and four bronze Birds.
In addition, Alecea Basson (Vega CT), Chanre Bosch and Bernedene Clausing (both Vega Pretoria) were named this year’s winners of the coveted Instahack Award, making this the third consecutive year that Vega students have been recognised in this category. This year, the students were required to create a short film using Instagram Stories to entice attendees to visit the Loeries before the awards ceremony to get the most out of Creative Week.
The project submissions that won silver at the Loeries were:
- Helpin' Hands by Kabelo Mabaso and Mafedi Lenake – a clever initiative to help prevent the spread of cholera in developing countries.
- Montagu by students Eduan Viljoen and Aime Rose Feinberg – a quirky, colourful direct mailer designed for South African fruit and nut brand, Montagu.
- Hire Us by students Andre De Jager and Ayesha Kaprey – a logo and identity programme of the two students’ innovative personal branding for an internship application to KesselKramer in Amsterdam.
- A campaign for Kellogg’s Froot Loops entitled Toucan Sam, by Kelsey Neethling – a new take on packaging design for one of South Africa’s most-loved breakfast cereal.
Bronze birds were also awarded to the following students:
- Michaela Chante’s submission entitled, Smile
- Get More Dog by Megan Naidoo
- Zed.En Fin by Michael Kostakis and Jordan Davidson
- Hire Us by Andre De Jager and Ayesha Kaprey
Visit www.vegaschoolschool.com to find out more about the IIE qualifications available to study at Vega.
Vega is a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE is South Africa's largest private higher education institution which operates across 20 campuses. The IIE is international accredited by The British Accreditation Council.
- Charting your way to the top: How to strategise your career trajectory post-pandemic04 Aug 07:23
- IIE launches first ever brand leadership Doctorate in South Africa30 Oct 13:57
- Those who do, can - Veganites of the future24 Aug 07:41
- Comic Con Africa partners with Vega for second consecutive year18 Sep 17:18
- 5 skills brand managers need to survive the 4th industrial revolution13 Sep 12:34