Marketing & Media trends
- Cape Town doubles for a lawless 1870s San Francisco in the kick-ass martial arts action series Warrior, which now has two seasons available to binge on Showmax. Showmax
- A new report reveals that total growth for online retail in South Africa rose to 66% in 2020, exceeding the 25% growth predicted three years ago, and bringing the total of online retail in South Africa to R30,2bn.
- And you thought 2020 was one heck of a year! 2021 brings winds of change as Gagasi FM and Heart FM will be launching their own media solutions company under holding company MRC Media effective from 1 July 2021. The stations will utilise Mediamark as its sales house until 30 June 2021. Mediamark
- Dan Herman appointed as chief digital officer at Joe Public United
- Magazines ABC Q1 2021: Little good news for magazines
- Dis-chem prepped for vaccination roll-out with 32 sites secured
- Petroleum Bill has lift off at last
- Newspapers ABC Q1 2021: Some good showings for newspapers
- #MarketingMasterminds: Johnson & Johnson | InSync with the Stayfree Sistahood
- Filmer.tv and Senses collaborate to create KFC South Africa's Mother's Day ad
Tourism & Travel jobs
- Brand/Marketing Studio Lead Cape Town
- Sales Consultant Cape Town
- Front Desk Representative/Hospitality Coordinator Johannesburg
- Senior C# Full-Stack Developer Johannesburg
- Digital Marketing Manager Johannesburg
- Chief Operating Officer Cape Town
- Link Building/Communication/PR Cape Town
- SEO Content Writing Internship Cape Town
- Night Receptionist Cape Town
- Operations Manager Franschhoek
Tourism & Travel trends
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Travel trends ebb and flow, but nothing has reshaped the way that people plan, book and travel quite like Covid-19. While 2020 put paid to many a trip (almost overnight), 2021 will give us the first taste of travel and tourism in a post-pandemic world...
It's hard not feel overwhelmed. But while 2020 saw the overnight shutdown of the travel, tourism and hospitality industries, Jurni CEO, Dr Nomvuselelo Songelwa believes that 2021 will usher in a new way of travelling, opportunities amid the uncertainty, and the space to develop new tourism products and services...
"Virtual reality, or VR, is something that we have heard a lot about over the last few months - especially in response to Covid-19. It is becoming a big part of travel and tourism with many questions cropping up on what it looks like, how it works and, most importantly, how we can leverage it."
Chelsey Hale 25 Jan 2021
In a 2021 - hopefully post-Covid - world, we can expect data to become 'the old answer to new questions in travel...
From Covid-19 to an economic downturn, so much of our energy was spent just getting through each day. For many of us in the wine industry, this became a lot harder when a ban on alcohol sales was implemented in late March 2020. Join us as we take a moment to reflect on what was and the lessons we can take into the new year...
Kristen Duff and Gosia Young 7 Jan 2021
So what will travel look like in 2021 and going forward? One is understandably hesitant to make any confident predictions apart from the most obvious one being that 2021 will most likely continue to be a very difficult year for the global travel and tourism sector. If I had to highlight a few travel trends for the coming year and beyond, these would stand out...
Mariette du Toit-Helmbold 6 Jan 2021
For those of us who work in the travel industry, we know that travel as we knew and loved it, is over. As consumers grapple with uncertainty during this time, their purchasing behaviour has become more erratic and quite frankly almost impossible to predict...
Natalia Rosa 6 Jan 2021
The air transport industry was one of the hardest hit in 2020 with traffic and revenues falling off a cliff at the end of last March following the imposition of worldwide Covid-19 containment restrictions on travel...
Muhammad Ali Albakri 6 Jan 2021
The South African hospitality industry was well on its way to break records in 2020 until Covid-19 became our reality. Derek Martin, founder and CEO of TrevPAR World looks at how Covid-19 impacted the industry and what is needed for recovery...
Derek Martin 6 Jan 2021
Safety protocol, communication and collaboration across industries is key to economic recovery...
Anand Yedery 6 Jan 2021
In a year when we arguably found ourselves with more time on our hands than ever before, thanks to the Covid-19 lockdowns, the upside was the opportunity to step back from our hectic diaries, to consider the cost to society of our relentless focus on corporate profit.
Ramsay Rankoussi 6 Jan 2021
Tim Cordon, senior area vice president, Middle East & Africa, Radisson Hotel Group outlines some of the key factors that will give MICE operators an edge once the world begins emerging from the Covid-19 reality...
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020