
Subscribe & Follow
Jobs
- Senior Graphic Designer Sandton
- Digital and Print Advertising Sales Executive Cape Town
- Social Media and Digital Design Co-ordinator Cape Town
- Medium Weight Digital Strategist Cape Town
- Digital Insights Analyst Cape Town
- Site Development Team Leader Sandton
- Creative Director: Digital Production Cape Town
- Junior Copywriter Cape Town
- Group Head Cape Town
- Advertising Sales Executive Durban
Billboards taking over the suburbs
A billboard advertising Teazers has gone up on Bowling Avenue at the intersection of South Road in Wendywood, a suburb of Sandton. As a ratepayer I have not been consulted on the bombardment of advertising in our once typical suburban neighbourhood - and if I was I certainly would not have sanctioned all the billboards and ad poles (even for a neat thermometer atop each one).
Furthermore I think it is outrageous to be advertising adult entertainment clubs on billboards in a family zone. Media Power obviously doesn't think so because it is getting paid whether its Spar or Teazers but what has happened to the social conscience of South Africans? Do we want Sandton to turn into another Sea Point? Will the rate of these hideous billboards and ad poles slow down? Where is the watchdog? SOMEBODY HELP!













