More Loeries news...Submit news
- Adidas Originals and the Lego Group have collaborated yet again, and are presenting a new take on the classic Superstar silhouette. Launching alongside the playful Adidas Originals Lego Superstar sneaker is a buildable Superstar Lego brick model.
- According to a recent survey, only 22% of South African businesses are aware of privacy laws governing their marketing activities, despite the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) set to take effect on 1 July 2021.
- "As a young, Black female, I believe it's not only important to service clients but also to open up the digital floor to much needed conversations so that the campaigns we work on bring about real change," says Nombulelo Malinga, founder and director of Zizi Digital, which specialises in social media marketing and offers 360 digital consulting service. Evan-Lee Courie
- New commercial station Hot 102.7FM announces on-air lineup from 1 July 2021
- Adidas shares glimpse of immersive new Sandton flagship
- What does the future hold for women of colour in the advertising industry?
- The fine art of building a brand for modern traditionalists
- PoPIA and social media posts
- #YouthMatters: Alex Krause's strategy to be successful
- South African Social Media Landscape Report 2021 event launch
Ogilvy wins Loeries 2018 in marathon style
Ogilvy South Africa took home 23 statues from the 2018 Loeries held in Durban, including its eighth Grand Prix in a row. The group's awards tally was led by an exceptional performance from Ogilvy Johannesburg, which claimed the Grand Prix in Film Communication for Kimberly-Clark "The World's First Baby Marathon".
Winning work for Ogilvy came from a range of clients including Kimberly-Clark, AB inBev, OMO, Volkswagen, KFC and Vodacom.
Ogilvy South Africa CCO Pete Case adds, “What an amazing achievement for our teams and clients. Our ability to consistently deliver multiple gold and Grand Prix at Loeries is a wonderful achievement for us all. Congratulations to all the winners this weekend and most especially Kimberly-Clark for bringing the biggest statue home with us. Looking at the work we won for, it’s certainly a proud time to be in this industry.”
Ogilvy SA CEO Alistair Mokoena adds: “Our client relationships are driven by only one thing, and that is the power of creative excellence to deliver commercial value. We are thrilled that the ideas that have created value for our clients are being recognised by our peers this weekend at the Loeries Awards.”
Winning work was placed in a wide range of categories including: data driven marketing, shared value, creative use of paper, digital, media innovation, live activations, radio, film, craft and integrated.
The Kimberly-Clark “The World’s First Baby Marathon” Grand Prix case study can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/275092433.
Ogilvy South Africa offers integrated creative advertising agency and marketing services from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
- Cadbury and agency partner Ogilvy Johannesburg launch Read to Succeed initiative04 Jun 10:48
- The World Health Organisation partnered with Ogilvy | Social.Lab South Africa to launch 'Vaccines Bring Us Closer' global campaign04 May 09:54
- Ogilvy and Cadbury's 'Generosity Shop' receive MMA Purpose-Led Marketing Award23 Apr 10:37
- Ogilvy Johannesburg CCO Matthew Barnes to depart from agency for new venture22 Apr 09:56
- Ogilvy Cape Town appoints new creative leader02 Feb 10:00
#OrchidsandOnions: Looking good, family...25 May 2021
Volkswagen reveals a 'Golf R' EV20 May 2021