The National Small Business Chamber (NSBC), in association with World Famous Events, announced South Africa's 2018 small business and entrepreneur champions today, 9 November 2018.
South African Small Business Award Top 20 and Category Winners at The Barnyard in Johannesburg
With eight main categories, the awards, now in its tenth year, serve to not only acknowledge the respective businesses, but to also assist them to prosper even more.
Mike Anderson, founder and CEO of the NSBC says that the entrants this year proved that there are business opportunities within different sectors: “You just need to have an idea and the passion to make it a reality. All our winners today are fantastic examples of people who spotted an opportunity, believed in their skills and made it into a viable business.”
He says that self-belief, above all else is the one attribute that sets winners apart. The NSBC is fortunate enough to work with over 127,000 SMEs and through its engagements has pinpointed what it takes to keep the business doors open.
Full list of winners are as follow:
- 2018 National Small Business Champion: Lloyd Madurai from Hot 91.9 FM
- 2018 National Entrepreneur Champion: Paul Kent from Sureswipe
- 2018 National Rising Star Champion: Nolitha Nkosi-Tshabalala from Nolitha TS
- 2018 National Women in Business Champion: Dr Sibongiseni Thotsejane from Flavalite Innovations
- 2018 National Community Award: Hot 91.9 FM
- 2018 National Innovation Award: Xero South Africa
- 2018 National Tourism Award: 3@Marion Guesthouse
- 2018 Never Surrender Awards: Anda Henderson Mthulu from MSI Exclusive Shoe Shine & Services
This year’s awards are sponsored by Fedex, ABSA, Telkom and Microsoft.