Marketing & Media trends
- While the recent PayProp State of the Rental Industry Survey found that the key challenges agents currently face are a shrinking viable tenant pool, lower tenant affordability and high arrears, the Cape Town market continues to march to its own drum according to Lorraine-Marie Dellbridge, rental manager for Lew Geffen Sotheby's International Realty in Cape Town's Southern Suburbs, False Bay and Noordhoek.
- Pierre Van Tonder, Spur Corporation's former CEO, died in a Cape Town hospital at the age of 62 on Sunday evening, 9 May.
- The Kaya 959 board of directors is pleased to announce the appointment of Sibongile Mtyali as the new Kaya 959 managing director effective 1 June 2021. Mtyali replaces former managing director who stepped down from his position in December 2020. KAYA 959
- Senior Eskom manager suspended, R12m bank account frozen
- MultiChoice Group appoints iProspect Africa as its digital agency of choice
- Clicks to buy Pick n Pay pharmacies
- Bad news for prospective car buyers in South Africa
- 15 facts about the Covid vaccine
- The problem with the generation gap? Marketers keep falling into it
- From profit to purpose: How Covid helped an outdoor media owner find its 'why'
- Bookkeeper Cape Town
- Mid-Weight Digital Copywriter Johannesburg
- Intermediate Full-Stack Developer - .Net/Angular/C# Johannesburg
- Senior .Net Core Developer Johannesburg
- Finance Manager Cape Town
- Group Financial Manager Johannesburg
- Finance Assistant Cape Town
- Sales Coordinator Cape Town
- Business Insurance Representative George
- Chief Operating Officer Cape Town
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
The circular relationship between retail sales, consumer spending and employment in SA means retailers are unlikely to be able to 'sell' themselves out of the situation in which they now find themselves...
Tasmika Ramlakan 20 Jan 2021
Three broad themes emerging in South Africa in 2021, which will require extensive input from the legal profession, are: changes to the economy and regulation prompted by Covid-19; moves by government and the private sector to stimulate economic recovery; and a greater focus on corporate responsibility and consumer protection...
Amidst the general chaos of 2020, investors were hit hard. With economies around the world all but shutting down in March, activity ground to a halt...
Bryan Turner 13 Jan 2021
The accountancy and audit industries are on the cusp of an automation transformation, guided by the incredible growth of emerging technologies like robotic process automation (RPA) and artificial intelligence (AI)...
PJ Bishop 12 Jan 2021
The Covid19 pandemic has been one of the greatest disruptors in living memory, causing major upheaval across all facets of our everyday life...
Maarten Ackerman 11 Jan 2021
Last year proved that SMEs are the backbone of the South African economy. Yet, existing debt, lack of cash reserves, outdated financials, and an inability to operate during the national lockdown, forced almost half of South African small businesses to shut down...
Kuhle Mnisi 11 Jan 2021
Africa is one of the most under-insured continents in the world. Over half of the countries in Sub-Saharan Africa have an insurance penetration rate of less than 1% and the picture isn't much different across the rest of the continent...
Marius Botha 8 Jan 2021
In the age of the lockdown restrictions, I'm reminded of the quote by Socrates, who said that "the only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ...
Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana 8 Jan 2021
Twenty-twenty came in like a wrecking ball. In February, we were still planning our Easter long weekends. Barely a month later, we were in hard lockdown...
Ian Sibiya 7 Jan 2021
For the past 50 years, the primary role of business in society has been to maximise shareholder return, a consequence of Milton Friedman's seminal article in the New York Times in 1970 in which he stated that "any other use of shareholders money was irresponsible"...
Mike Middleton 7 Jan 2021