The winners have been revealed for the 2021 South African Loyalty Awards, an awards platform developed specifically to celebrate loyalty excellence and innovation in the country.
The South African Loyalty Awards, now in its third year, was initiated by Truth, a local loyalty and CRM consultancy based in Cape Town. Truth reported a growth in the number of entries into the South African Loyalty Awards, and also increased the number of awards categories to 12 this year.
"Our main purpose for launching the South African Loyalty Awards is to recognise loyalty excellence and showcase South Africa’s best programmes, loyalty innovations, data applications and loyalty/CRM campaigns," the company said.
A robust judging process was administered, through 11 experienced loyalty and CRM professionals around the globe. Truth noted that each entry was assessed against stringent criteria, measuring how loyalty and CRM excellence can drive commercial results and greater customer experiences.
This year's judging panel comprised: Nicholas Bednall, Ursula Kuni, Candice Goodman, Angelo Clayton, Wendy Knowler, Bronwen Rohland, Keith Lindsay, Matt Oldham, Andrew Hall, Zandile Manana and Thandi Jamba.
Headline awards winners
The big headline awards 'Best Programme of the Year' are awarded to companies for running the best programme in their sector across six categories, resulting in outstanding performance results and overall customer loyalty experience.
Headline awards were awarded to:
• Best Loyalty Programme: Retail – Checkers Xtra Savings
• Best Loyalty Programme: Financial Services – FNB eBucks
• Best Loyalty Programme: Restaurant/QSR – Kauai
• Best Loyalty Programme: B2B – Hollard Trucking
• Best Loyalty Programme: Newcomer – Shoprite
• Best Loyalty Programme: Open – MySchool My Village My Planet
Truth made special mention of eBucks, Kauai and MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet for winning the best programme of the year, in their respective categories, for the third year running.
• Best Loyalty Agency (Marketing/Rewards) of the Year: Achievements Awards Group
• Best Loyalty Technology Vendor: V&S innovations
• Best Short-term Loyalty Marketing Campaign: TFGrewards
• Best Strategic Use of Data Analytics/CRM Applications: Checkers Xtra Savings (This marks two overall wins for the retailer this year)
• Most Innovative Use of Technology for Loyalty: eBucks (This marks two overall wins for the multichannel platform this year)
• Best Loyalty Community or Environmental Initiative/Campaign: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet
• Best Loyalty Team: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet (This marks three wins for the fundraising programme this year)View the full winners report here.
The 2022 South African Loyalty Awards will open for entries on 4 February 2022.