Marketing & Media trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Tech democratisation will set the tone for 2021Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
Construction & Engineering trends
- 3 major trends in the commercial property space in AfricaPeter Hodgkinson
- A bright horizon for South Africa's energy landscapeBarry Bredenkamp
- Achieving developmental goals through constructionCyril Vuyani Gamede
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Time for NPOs to show their real impactKeri-Leigh Paschal
- 5 sustainability trends that will shape business in 2021Christelle Marais
- 4 trends set to continue or be re-interpreted in the NGO sectorInnocent Masayira
- Strengthening NPO skills and processesNazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Sustainability is key for social investment in 2021Keri-Leigh Paschal
- 4 trends in employee skills development and training you need to know for 2021Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- 10 predictions around fintechDominique Collett
- The 4 themes for the new yearAndrew Duvenage,
- 3 wealth management trends to watch in 2021Maarten Ackerman
- 4 strategies to rethink investing in SMEsKuhle Mnisi
- Microinsurance ready to reach new heightsMarius Botha
- Finding alpha in the age of Covid-19Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Purpose or profit. It's not a choiceMike Middleton
- Shifting towards a digital - but still human - approachHenry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- 4 areas in which your business can practice its swivelFrancois Kriel
- 5G is coming. Here's what it could mean for SASamantha Naidoo
- 3 big issues demanding legal attention this yearJonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
- Auction industry survival depends on going virtualJoff van Reenen
- Covid-19 drives new trends in local property marketMarcél du Toit
- A bold year for beveragesAlex Glenday
- Acceleration of digital paymentsJonathan Smit
- Safety vs sustainability - the packaging industry's key conundrumNthabiseng Motsoeneng
- The evolving e-tail landscapeVilo Trska
BizTrendsLIVE! January 2019 speaker line up
Bizcommunity invites you to join us as four 'Afro-futurists', all published authors, all experienced global keynote speakers and trend consultants, impart their knowledge in one intensive morning session that will set the course into 2020 and beyond.
The BizTrends Report is published in early January each year, with contributions from over 120 multi-industry trend analysts. Now the definitive month-long trend focus will culminate in BizTrendsLIVE! - a networking event in Sandton, 31 January 2019, in proud collaboration with Cinemark.
Bizcommunity extends grateful thanks to the incredible contributors who have agreed to share their trend equity with us. Their content has been curated to inspire and set the course for business and brand owners in 2019 to Join our Vision for Africa!
Meet the Afrofuturists:
Louise Marsland (Bizcommunity Africa Editor) - The Trend Hunter
BizTrends initiator and curator since 2007 and current Bizcommunity Africa Editor, Louise Marsland, will MC and intro the event with a comprehensive overview of key trends of the year.Follow: @Louise_Marsland
Leslie Adams (Head of Sales for Cinemark) - The Trend Visualiser
Head of Sales for Cinemark, Leslie Adams, will share the future creative and business opportunities in VOD and future trends in video and cinema.Follow: @Les_adams
Dr Sibongile Vilakazi (Customer Experience Consultant at Kantar)
With a PhD in Organisational Development and Diversity Management, Business Strategy lecturer at the Wits Business School and Customer Experience Consultant at Kantar TNS, Dr Sibongile Vilakazi will put a value-added academic spin on trends in customer-centric organisations. Follow: @lamphephethe
Bronwyn Williams (Flux Trends) - The Trend Translator
Innovation & marketing consultant, business trends analyst, trend-researcher, published author and speaker, whose keynote addresses focuses on how the intersection of shifting consumer mindsets and technology impact on business, with the invitation to join her on a mission to understand the world and the people who live in it.
Dali Tembo (MD Instant Grass) - The Trendspotter
Where Africa, Youth Trends and strategy intersect, columnist, trend consultant and creator of trend spotting communities across Africa and the Middle East including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana, Benin, Angola, Tanzania and Kenya - to name a few, Dali joins us as to share his considerable insights and experience.
Carmen Murray (Founder Boo-Yah!) - The Trend Shaper
Innovation consultant, founder and tech visionary of Boo-Yah!, an African-inspired marketing and educational services company, offering trademark Future Fit Strategy, Insights and Training. Radio presenter, author and speaker on topics from mobile innovation, to gamification, 4th Technology Transformation to brand purpose with a special interest in the future of customer experience!
Alan Knott-Craig (Chairman Herotel) - The Trendepreneur
Entrepreneur, best-selling author and Chairman of wireless broadband provider, Herotel, founder of Project Isizwe, an NGO rolling out free WiFi in poor communities, who has personally invested or funded 21 companies in the tech industry, been named 2009 Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, included in "100 Choiseul Africa", a list of top 100 young African business leaders in 2014, 2015 and 2016, nominated as the 2015 ICT Personality of the Year by ITWeb and as one of the top eleven entrepreneurs changing the African landscape by Entrepreneur Magazine in 2017. Follow: @alanknottcraig
Date: Thursday, 31 January 2019
Location: Sandton City Mall, Rivonia Rd & Sandton Drive, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2196
Time: Registration from 7.45, event from 9am-12pm
Join us - book seats for your team now!
Click here for media accreditation enquiries.
Where 370 companies in 18 industries trust Biz Press Office newsrooms to publish corporate content, on Africa's indispensable B2B news media. Enquire about a newsroom like this for your company on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Align your brand with cutting edge trends20 Sep 11:36
- You plan your event, we'll promote it to the right business audience!06 Sep 13:04
- #PRaisethePR: Conversations with leading PR voices30 Aug 11:26
- Bizcommunity - connecting communities for 20 years19 Aug 13:02
- August #WomensMonth made possible by the Intercare Group20 Jul 09:52
Read more: Cinemark, Alan Knott-Craig, Project Isizwe, Carmen Murray, Biz Trends, Boo-Yah!, Dali Tembo, BizTrends 2019, BizTrends event, BizTrendsLIVE!