- South Africa's economic crisis deepens: Recession loomsKatja Hamilton
Seven SA judges at Cannes Lions 2018
This year marks the 64th edition of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, and for seven top advertising-industry executives based in South Africa, excitement is mounting for when they judge the best creative work in the world.
SA judges in Cannes Lions 2018 jury
The seven selected judges and the categories they will be judging are:
- Jason Xenopoulos, global chief vision officer and chief creative officer, EMEA, VML – Titanium Jury
- Neo Segola, creative director FCB – Direct Marketing category, (shortlist);
- Vumile Mavumengwana, designer and creative director VM Design – Design category (awarding);
- Matt Ross, executive creative director King James – Brand Experience and Activations category (shortlist);
- Molefi Thulo, creative director Ogilvy JHB – Radio and Audio category (awarding);
- Wayne Bishop, managing director PHD – Media category (shortlist); and,
- George Low, creative director TBWA Hunt Lascaris – Film category (shortlist).
“Cinemark is excited to announce the list of this year’s judges, who will represent our country,” says Lynne Wylie, head of marketing at Ster-Kinekor Theatres. “These seven industry big hitters bring with them expertise and excellence second to none. They will join international judges at Cannes Lions 2018, as senior creative professionals whose contributions over the years have been invaluable to the industry. They are valued for their vision, admired for their passion and trusted for their integrity.”
Feast of premium creative work
“The judges have their work cut out for them. It’s a challenging task to pick the best from a feast of premium creative work from around the world. The process will be demanding, but, at the same time, it’s going to be mind-blowing, as they witness the industry’s dynamic evolution first-hand, and examine the exciting new trends and innovations that will ultimately decide the winning entries.” On receiving the news of their selection, the judges were delighted.
“The Lions are the most established and coveted awards for the creative and marketing communications industry. The event is a stage to celebrate, honour, inspire, grow, educate and claim victory,” comments Wylie.