Millward Brown, a global leader in brand, media and communications research, has been conducting research assignments in Saudi Arabia for several years and is now establishing a permanent presence to better support local, regional and global clients operating in the country.
Issued by Millward Brown 12 Dec 2013 12:48
The YouTube Rewind 2013 has been released, giving an overview of the videos, channels, and moments that shaped our year. Have a look at Uganda's favourites on YouTube this past year.
12 Dec 2013 13:54
Not sure whether or not to include a photo of yourself on your CV? What's the minimum amount of time you should stay at a company to avoid looking like a job-hopper? We answer both these questions this week.
By Juliette Attwell 10 Dec 2013 09:36
As Kenya prepares to mark her Golden Jubilee on 12 December, we are still lagging behind in tackling some of the challenges we face as a country. Freedom of expression as stipulated in Article 34 of our Constitution is under threat. Corruption and cheap politics still reign supreme.
By Oscar Okwaro 9 Dec 2013 09:50
Many a retailer will sing to the tune of "The customer is always right", but not a lot actually live the phrase, much less invest any time or innovation in it. Luckily for you and I, this age of short-term vision is drawing to a close.
By Sindy Peters 5 Dec 2013 10:35
MEF Africa has release its Kenya country report on mobile content and commerce. Despite the impressive growth and countless innovations coming out of Africa, barriers to market entry still exist.
5 Dec 2013 12:28
Make it a happy holiday: in this week's BizCareers Column, your leave woes are answered and we advise on how to face those December resignation blues - will you lose your bonus or not.
By Juliette Attwell 2 Dec 2013 09:53
Huawei Technologies has been picked by the Ethiopian state-run mobile operator Ethio Telecom to roll out a high-speed 4G network across the country's capital, Addis Ababa.
By Selipha Kihagi 2 Dec 2013 12:43
The fourth annual PwC South Africa Entertainment and Media Outlook was launched recently and I caught up with Vicki Myburgh, Entertainment & Media Industries Leader for PwC Southern Africa.
By Danette Breitenbach 29 Nov 2013 15:01
Kenya's president on Wednesday rejected a controversial media bill passed by parliament that critics have slammed as an attempt to muzzle the press.
28 Nov 2013 12:30
A report from Alliance for Affordable Internet (A4AI) highlights the unaffordable cost of broadband for the two billion people who live on less than US$2/day.
11 Dec 2013 09:42
MTN Uganda customers can now enjoy a free minute every day between 6am and 9am to call their loved ones on MTN through the mobile operator's 'Good Morning Uganda' promotion.
9 Dec 2013 10:23
Tanzanian social enterprise Ubongo will next month launch Ubongo Kids, an interactive cartoon which allows children to participate via SMS, on national television, while launching a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for further rollouts. (video)
9 Dec 2013 14:02
A report released by Reuters yesterday, 3 December, states that South Africa's Vodacom Group opened its first office in Ethiopia.
4 Dec 2013 12:38
TechMtaa reports that StarTimes Media and Equity Bank have partnered to give the bank's customers access to soft loans to enable them to acquire approved digital television set-top boxes from StarTimes.
2 Dec 2013 10:35
Recently Alliance Media partnered up with McDonald's in a new and exciting project for the successful fast food chain.
Issued by Alliance Media 29 Nov 2013 11:42
Google recently announced its first infrastructural project in Africa, called Project Link. This initiative, through the building of a fibre-optic network in Kampala (Uganda), enables internet service providers (ISPs) and mobile operators to provide faster connections to their users than ever before.
28 Nov 2013 12:04
Vodacom said on Tuesday, 26 November, it had entered into an agreement with Cavalry Holdings Limited and its shareholders to acquire an additional indirect 17.2% interest in Vodacom Tanzania Limited to increase its total economic interest in Vodacom Tanzania from 65% to 82.2%.
27 Nov 2013 08:08
African Business magazine teamed up with Microsoft 4Afrika as well as African Regional Intellectual Property Organisation (ARIPO) to lead the Innovative Africa Forum in the format of a roundtable discussion on 27 November in Kampala, Uganda.
Issued by IC Publications 26 Nov 2013 14:32
Receive free email newsletter
Tell a friend about us