MMP rebrands to Media Monitoring Africa
The Media Monitoring Project has rebranded to become Media Monitoring Africa and relaunched their website, all this coinciding with its 15-year anniversary. The name change represents a realignment of their corporate identity to be more in-line with the work they do.
The company has been working in different countries in Africa since 1995. Along with the rebranding, the new website has been designed to be more interactive, encouraging greater civil society engagement with media.
The website will have new features including:
- What is your media personality? Find out whether you are more like Mugabe or Mandela, are you a i-dotter and t-crosser, or more slap-dash in the new quiz;
- A new blog on media issues and human rights by the director, William Bird;
- A mechanism to complain to or compliment media online;
- Listen to podcasts and subscribe for more;
- Participate in campaigns against coverage;
- Guides and tools for both media practitioners to encourage human rights-compliant coverage; and,
- Guides and tools for civil society in engaging with and attempting to improve media coverage.
Visit the new site at www.mediamonitoringafrica.org.