The One Club for Creativity
Duke Group's Suhana Gordhan appointed to One Club International Board
The One Club for Creativity, a nonprofit organisation whose mission is to support the global creative community, has appointed Duke Group ECD, Suhana Gordhan to its International Board of Directors.
Duke Group ECD, Suhana Gordhan, has been appointed to the One Club's International Board of Directors
As a member of the International Board, Gordhan will provide input and feedback on the club’s ongoing global programming, help elevate The One Show and ADC Annual Awards in rankings in South Africa, connect the club with advertising and design universities and schools, and recommend outstanding candidates to serve as awards judges.
Making the SA industry proud
Commenting on her appointment, Gordhan says, “The One Club for Creativity is an organisation I have great admiration for, specifically regarding their initiatives that continue to transform the industry at all levels.
"I wish there was a less clichéd word to express this – but I do feel so honoured to be able to serve on this Board and to represent my country amongst this esteemed group of creative minds."
She adds that she watched, "with much respect and awe," Xolisa Dyeshana, CCO of Joe Public, carry this role before her. "He has made the South African industry extremely proud, and I hope to do the same. I feel so grateful to be given this opportunity and to be supported by the lovely humans at Duke Advertising," she says.
Duke Group CEO, Wayne Naidoo says: “There is no-one more qualified nor more deserving than Suhana to fulfill this role. She is a true creative leader and inspiration to so many – I know she is going to be a huge asset to the One Club for Creativity.”
“Suhana is a renowned global creative leader who will play a key role in furthering our mission to support and elevate the global creative community and solidify the relevance of our mission in South Africa,” says Kevin Swanepoel, CEO.
“One reason The One Club is so prestigious is because of its exceptional Board, an impressive group of the most prominent professionals in our field,” adds Swanepoel.
Board members are drawn from countries with the largest advertising communities and selected based on three criteria.
- They must be prominent international creatives.
- Be respected leaders in their given fields.
- Exert influence in their respective regions.
Gordhan is among a diverse group of 21 creative leaders from around the world who will begin three-year terms on the International Board.
Other new members are:
- Swati Bhattacharya, creative chairperson, FCB India, New Delhi
- Reed Collins, CCO, APAC, Ogilvy, Hong Kong
- Tay Guan Hin, CCO, BBDO Singapore
- Thomas Hongtack Kim, CCO, RE-BE, Seoul
- Steve Jackson, co-founder, Milk & Honey United, Sydney
- Kentaro Kimura, International CCO, corporate officer, Hakuhodo; founder, Hakuhodo Kettle, Tokyo
- Kelly Pon, CCO, BBH China, Shanghai
- Jureeporn Thaidumrong, creative chairperson, CCO, GREYnJ UNITED, Bangkok
- Richard Yu, regional CCO, ADK Taiwan, TaipeiEurope:
- Susana Albuquerque, ECD, partner, Uzina, Lisbon; president, Clube Criativos
- Claus Fischer, founder, Voss-Fischer, Frankfurt; vice president, ADC Germany; treasurer, executive board, ADC Europe
- Alexander Kalchev, CCO, DDB Paris
- Anu Niemonen, ECD, Wunderman Thompson Finland, Helsinki
- Eva Santos, co-CCO, founder, Delirio & Twain, Barcelona
- Chaka Sobhani, global CCO, Leo Burnett Worldwide; CCO, Leo Burnett UK and Fallon, London
- Björn Stahl, CCO, INGO Stockholm
- Wesley ter Haar, co-founder, Media.Monks, AmsterdamLatin America:
- Joaquin Cubria, CCO, global partner, GUT, Buenos Aires
- Sergio Gordilho, co-president, CCO, Africa, São Paulo
- Fadi Yaish, founder, CCO, ‿ and us, Dubai
The new International Board members will work closely with The One Club’s National Board, lead by chairman Glenn Cole, cofounder, creative chairman at 72andSunny, Los Angeles, and vice chair Pum Lefebure, cofounder, CCO at Design Army, Washington DC, to serve as ambassadors for and advisors to the non-profit organisation.