Marketing & Media trends
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies has confirmed its readiness for Covid-19 vaccination roll-out. "We are well-positioned to commence with the vaccination roll-out aligned to government timelines, and we have prepared our teams to work at full capacity if supply from government is consistent," says CEO Ivan Saltzman.
- And you thought 2020 was one heck of a year! 2021 brings winds of change as Gagasi FM and Heart FM will be launching their own media solutions company under holding company MRC Media effective from 1 July 2021. The stations will utilise Mediamark as its sales house until 30 June 2021. Mediamark
- Construction has officially commenced on the Boardwalk Mall in Gqeberha. The first phase is set to be completed and launched on 9 December 2021. The official opening, which marks the second phase's completion, is scheduled for 22 September 2022.
- Petroleum Bill has lift off at last
- Tang, Joburg's new Asian luxury restaurant and bar, opens in Sandton on Friday, 14 May
- Filmer.tv and Senses collaborate to create KFC South Africa's Mother's Day ad
- Record SA win for Three Ships Whisky at SFWSC 2021
- #Newsmaker: Adelaide Tshabalala, new head of digital marketing at Hill+Knowlton Strategies SA
- Borderless Access strengthens healthcare, consumer insights and analytics businesses with new appointments
- 8 post-Covid grocery retail survival strategies
Energy & Mining jobsMore...Submit a jobOpen account
Energy & Mining trends
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Three broad themes emerging in South Africa in 2021, which will require extensive input from the legal profession, are: changes to the economy and regulation prompted by Covid-19; moves by government and the private sector to stimulate economic recovery; and a greater focus on corporate responsibility and consumer protection...
There were a a number of significant developments in the local energy space in 2020 and, while this sector generally tends to shift relatively slowly, 2021 is likely to bring with it some of the most progressive changes...
Tygue Theron 14 Jan 2021
Perhaps the greatest opportunity presented by the current technology wave is the capacity to customise digital solutions...
Xanthe Adams 11 Jan 2021
As Covid-19 disruptions continue to plague southern Africa - and with no end conclusively yet in sight - leaders in the mining sector will be pushing the application of technology in 2021, while also securing their supply chains to mitigate risk...
Ralf Hennecke 8 Jan 2021
The recent history of South Africa's energy landscape has not been great. With poorly maintained infrastructure, delayed construction of new capacity, illegal connections and cable theft; news headlines on the topic of SA's electricity are rarely good...
Barry Bredenkamp 7 Jan 2021
South Africa relies on coal-fired power stations to produce approximately 90% of its electricity. Moving forward, the country's aim should be to reduce this percentage, with a move to greater use of renewable energy sources...
Gaopalelwe Santswere 7 Jan 2021
Mining's immediate future is to be impacted not just by economic cycles or established trends, but by structural issues demanding urgent and deep innovation...
Frederick Cawood 6 Jan 2021
The energy sector in South Africa has changed more in the last decade than perhaps any industry, and arguably will change even more in the next decade...
Ben Brimble 6 Jan 2021
What a year 2020 has been! So, we've curated the year's most popular articles, most-read contributors and brand press offices with the most views on Bizcommunity's Energy & Mining platform into our #BestofBiz2020 list...
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
There's never been a better time to rewrite the future or a better time to come on board to sponsor BizTrends...
Bizcommunity.com 14 Sep 2020
A number of macro trends are delivering unhindered economic progress on the African continent, driving momentum and positioning Africa as a significant component of the world market...
Geoffrey White 14 Jan 2020
South Africa is taking strides towards transitioning to a cleaner green economy, with the country's approved 2019 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) being gazetted...
Ntombifuthi Ntuli 9 Jan 2020
For years, technology has promised to revolutionise the power sector. While smart grids have been implemented in many countries, the internet of things (IoT) devices and digital control solutions promise to be the enabler of the intelligent utility...
Cathy Pickering 8 Jan 2020