Marketing & Media trends
Making a 'splash' about Toy Story
The ‘entrance fee’ for the learners at the Durban North school who wanted to watch Darren and the young swim star go head to head, was a new toy for Toy Story. Darren says it was an amazing morning with all the teachers and children behind the race and by the end of it they were surrounded by bags and bags of toys.
Darren adds, “When young Josh challenged me to a one kilometre swim I wasn’t too sure but then he said it was for Toy Story and he could have challenged me to tree felling and I would have agreed, because the campaign is so close to my heart. These kids are fit and strong and full of vitality and here comes this guy who was doing drowning avoidance. Luckily Josh was kind enough to have his friends do a couple of lengths for me. Josh was a trooper, he did the whole thing.”
A total of around 1,500 toys have been donated towards East Coast Radio’s Toy Story campaign, in partnership Game, so far. The new toys are handed out to thousands of children in a government hospital, children’s home and crèches across KwaZulu-Natal. Teams have already visited little ones in hospitals on the north and south coast and in Pietermaritzburg and surrounds.
If you’d like to get involved and help shape the course of a disadvantaged child’s life, you have until 15 December to donate a new toy at any Game store across KwaZulu-Natal.
Aside from the toy donations, you can also make cash donation. Every cent of the funds donated to the campaign is channelled into the Game AmaLunchbox project which is aimed at feeding children from disadvantaged backgrounds while at school. You can make a cash donation via the following means:
East Coast Radio Charitable Association
Bank: FNB Commercial
Branch number: 25 01 08
Account number: 622 224 283 37
Reference: Toy Story 2017
- Mancosa East Coast Radio Business Breakfast inspires hundreds to #LiveYourLegacy05 Jun 11:18
- Actualise your dreams: 'Live your legacy' with Mancosa and East Coast Radio Business Breakfast03 May 13:17
- East Coast Radio's Big Walk is back and better than ever with Suncoast Casino as its headline sponsor25 Apr 10:36
- East Coast Radio reinforces its pivotal role in KZN people's lives with new brand positioning30 Mar 10:51
- East Coast Radio bids farewell to Keri Miller09 Mar 14:30