Marketing & Media jobs
- Public Relations Assistant Cape Town
- Mid/Senior Motion Designer/Animator Johannesburg
- Junior Designer Johannesburg
- Digital Advertising Sales Executive Cape Town
- Account Manager - Market Research Johannesburg
- Account Manager - Market Research Johannesburg
- Senior UX Designer Cape Town
- Mid-Level UI/UX Designer Cape Town
- Digital Project Manager Johannesburg
- Business Development Manager Cape Town
Cannes Lions announces final jury presidents for 2018
A total of 26 presidents will guide specialist juries within the nine awards tracks. In addition to creative leaders drawn from across the spectrum of creative services, this year’s president lineup includes Fernando Machado, global chief marketing officer at Burger King and Mark D’Arcy, VP and CCO at Facebook.
For the first time in Festival history, Apple will participate in the juries with Tor Myhren, VP Marketing Communications appointed as innovation president.
MD of Cannes Lions Jose Papa said, “This year’s jury presidents represent a mix of world-renowned creative leaders as well as some incredibly well-respected names from the brand and technology worlds. It’s a real honour to welcome each of this year’s presidents to the Festival community.”
The One Club Executive Creative Summit Berlin kicks off on Wednesday, 11 October at Soho House, Berlin. While it's a closed-door meeting, we checked in with a few of the creative crème de la crème speakers - Susan Credle is first on the list...
Leigh Andrews 9 Oct 2017
Jury presidents within the following tracks are confirmed:
The insight, strategy and planning enabling brands to effectively engage consumers, at scale, and be heard amid the ongoing battle for attention.
- Creative Data Lions – Marc Maleh, global director, Havas. Marc’s most recent Lion credit was for an Integrated Lion in 2013 for ESPN.
- Direct Lions – Susan Credle, global CCO, FCB. Susan was responsible for the iconic M&M’S “Human” and Allstate’s “Mayhem” campaigns. Since her appointment in 2015, FCB has won 78 Lions.
- Media Lions – Tim Castree, global CEO, Wavemaker. Tim oversees a business powered by 8,500 people in 90 countries and has Titanium and Gold Lion credits to his name.
- PR Lions – Stuart Smith, global CEO, Ogilvy PR. Over the last 25 years, Stuart has worked in three of WPP’s largest PR brands and run Edelman UK.
- Social & Influencer Lions – Mark D’Arcy, VP, CCO, Facebook. Mark’s team, The Creative Shop operates from more than 40 Facebook offices and serves 80% of the world’s top 100 advertisers and agencies.
Focusing on the artistry, skill, talent and flair required to deliver beautifully executed ideas with the power to cut through and bring the creative idea to life.
- Digital Craft Lions – Jean Lin, global CEO, Isobar. Jean established her own digital agency in 1999, which was acquired by Isobar in 2004. She was promoted to Isobar’s global CEO in 2014.
- Film Craft Lions – Diane McArter, founder and president, Furlined. Among Furlined’s most recent production credits is the “World’s Biggest Arsehole”, which won 10 Lions in 2017.
- Industry Craft Lions – Yang Yeo, creative kaiju, Hakuhodo, Inc. Also known as Hakuhodo's co-chief creative officer, Yang won China’s first ever Grand Prix back in 2011 for his work with Samsonite at JWT China.
Focusing on the powerful brand currency of intelligent customer journeys and immersive experiences – captivating new audiences at every touch point.
- Brand Experience and Activation Lions – Rob Reilly, global creative chairman, McCann Worldgroup. Rob has guided the global creative resurgence at McCann which has produced highly accoladed work such as ‘Fearless Girl’ for State Street Advisors, which won 18 Lions in 2017.
- Creative eCommerce Lions – Nick Law, vice chairman, global CCO, R/GA. During his time at R/GA Nick has overseen the creation of multiple Lion-winning projects, including Gold and Grand Prix campaigns for brands such as Nike and Beats by Dre. He was recently appointed global CCO, Publicis Groupe and President, Publicis Communications, and begins this role in March.
Showcasing the conception and application of product development, business transformation and the new data-driven, tech-enabled creativity reshaping the conversation between brand and consumer.
- Innovation Lions – Tor Myhren, VP Marketing Communications, Apple. Tor’s appointment as Innovation President marks the first time Apple joins a Cannes Lions jury. During his previous role at Grey New York, he won several Gold, Grand Prix and Titanium Lions.
- Product Design Lions – Asif Khan, architect, Asif Khan Ltd. Asif’s kinetic LED installation for the Sochi Winter Olympics was awarded the Innovation Grand Prix in 2014.
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has announced the names of the first 2018 jury presidents...
26 Jan 2018
The Festival opened for entries on 18 January with a first deadline of 22 March. Final entry deadline is 20 April. The 2018 edition of Cannes Lions runs 18-22 June.