
Advertise your job vacancies
Subscribe & Follow
WhatsApp support is getting more expensive, but not for everyone
Wilene van Greunen
Jobs
- Media Strategy & Solutions Specialist Cape Town, Johannesburg
- Facilities and Office Supervisor Bryanston
- Junior Digital Content Creator (Design & Video) Cape Town
- Advertising Sales Executive Durban
- Multimedia Sales Executive Cape Town
- Business Development Manager / Sales Executive Cape Town
- Campaign performance Manager Durban
- Creative Designer George
- Creative Copywriter George
- Learning Design Partner Cape Town
Freelance Rates. When exactly would I be better off donating a kidney?
Young, talented freelance journalist seeking some clarity on word rates from wizened, wily professionals.
I'm a young freelance journo. I haven't been going long, but I've been steadily earning kudos, and the odd editor has chucked me on the chin with a "you'll go far, kid" kinda email.
I've had R0,75 for a word, and I've had R2,50 for a word.
So I'm wondering. What's a good rate for a young, (possibly hypothetically) talented freelancer? Someone who's level would probably be two or three rungs below Lev David's stuff, or pre-plagiarism Darrel B-B.
And if you happen to be a copy editor...Yes, we know it's actually you guys who make the freelancers look good. Just imagine we actually deserve rates, then suggest a figure.
Thanks all
Simon
Forum created by Simon Hartley













