
Advertise your job vacancies
Subscribe & Follow
WhatsApp support is getting more expensive, but not for everyone
Wilene van Greunen
Jobs
- Senior Graphic Designer Sandton
- Digital and Print Advertising Sales Executive Cape Town
- Social Media and Digital Design Co-ordinator Cape Town
- Medium Weight Digital Strategist Cape Town
- Digital Insights Analyst Cape Town
- Site Development Team Leader Sandton
- Creative Director: Digital Production Cape Town
- Junior Copywriter Cape Town
- Group Head Cape Town
- Advertising Sales Executive Durban
Daily Sun billboards
Am I the only one who feels bludgeoned every time I drive past a Daily Sun billboard?
"Toddler sodomised and throat cut" and "Boy hacks mum to bits" are just two of the billboards that I was exposed to on my way to work. Now I respect freedom of speech, but what about my free choice to choose what I want to look at. I don't buy the paper, for obvious reasons, and if that is my choice, why should I be exposed to what stories I can read in this trashy paper?
I am also concerned that kids get to read this kind of thing. I also don't think that it is conducive to a positive national psyche - surely being exposed to all this violence on a daily basis must have a subconscious impact on us all?











