
Advertise your job vacancies
Subscribe & Follow
WhatsApp support is getting more expensive, but not for everyone
Wilene van Greunen
Jobs
- Senior Graphic Designer Sandton
- Digital and Print Advertising Sales Executive Cape Town
- Social Media and Digital Design Co-ordinator Cape Town
- Medium Weight Digital Strategist Cape Town
- Digital Insights Analyst Cape Town
- Site Development Team Leader Sandton
- Creative Director: Digital Production Cape Town
- Junior Copywriter Cape Town
- Group Head Cape Town
- Advertising Sales Executive Durban
The new Debonairs ad
I find it in such poor taste. Does anyone else share this point of view, or am I being overly sensitive?
The ad shows homeless people who would seem to have come into some sort of windfall and have splashed out on things like shoes, laptops etc. The ad ends with someone coming out of a Debonairs outlet with more change than expected because of some special deal or similar.
I am very open-minded and I do think you can find humour in most situations. I also think we do tend to take ourselves too seriously sometimes. However, I think this concept is incredibly insensitive on so many fronts, not to mention patronizing. I would like to see both client and agency be made to make some contribution towards a homeless charity.











