The One Club for Creativity
The One Show CMO Pencil award a unique honour
Recognising an individual
The honour is unique for The One Show in that all of its other awards are given to agency or brand creative teams, whereas the CMO Pencil is presented to the individual at the brand responsible for recognising and shepherding great work to life.
The CMO Pencil is just one of the organisation's initiatives to address and celebrate the fast-growing brand-side creative community.
“It’s a tremendous honour for a CMO to be recognised by their peers with this prestigious award,” says Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club.
“This jury of top global marketing leaders will look for work that takes an innovative, bold stance, and has the greatest positive impact on a brand and its bottom line.”
Past CMO Pencil winners are:
- Raja Rajamannar, chief marketing & communications officer and president, Healthcare Business at Mastercard for “True Name”, created by McCann New York.
- Kathleen Hall, chief brand officer, Microsoft for Xbox “Changing the Game” also by McCann New York.
- David Rubin at The New York Times for “Truth is Worth It” from Droga5 New York.
- Stephen Tisdale, CMO, State Street Global Advisors for “Fearless Girl”, by McCann New York.
Highest scoring entries
This year’s jury of marketers will review and discuss about two dozen of the highest-scoring entries in The One Show 2022 – including Best of Show and Best of Discipline winners – as determined by the nearly 400 agency and brand-side creative leaders from 48 countries on this year’s One Show jury.
In accordance with The One Show judging rules, jury members abstain from voting on work done for or by their own company.
They will then select the CMO responsible for the one piece of work they feel had the greatest impact on moving a brand forward.
The winning CMO will be presented with the award on stage at The One Show 2022 awards ceremony, taking place on 18 May in New York.
This year’s One Show CMO Pencil jury includes:
- Kofi Amoo-Gottfried, CMO, DoorDash
- Peggy Ang, CMO, SVP of Marketing, LG Electronics
- Bruno Cardinali, former CMO, Popeye’s
- Morgan Flatley, Global CMO, McDonald's
- Fernando Machado, CMO, Activision
- Kenny Mitchell, CMO, Snap
- David Rubin, CMO, The New York Times
- Michelle St. Jacques, CMO, Molson Coors
- Doug Scott, CMO, EVP, International, Twitch
- Deborah Wahl, Global CMO, General Motors