's new line-up will kick off on Monday 5 March 2012 with on-air competitions. It introduces more shows, more fresh and talented voices and jocks who represent the three different indigenous languages' presence on the platform (Xitsonga, Sepedi, Tshivenda) that account for 30% of Capricorn FM license condition.
The 2012 line-up will also increase music output on weekends, the Sports Precinct, which was on Fridays between 6-8pm, has now been moved to weekdays, so the station can set the tone for the weekend, starting on Friday afternoons.
"This will ensure that we remain the no. 1 lifestyle orientated radio station in the hearts of our listeners and continue to dominate the airwaves in our area of broadcast," says Ashifa Shabba Muleya, programmes manager.
- Itumeleng Banda, from Univen FM Community Radio will host the Morning After, 3-6am, Saturday and Sunday.
- Karabo Maila, from Jozi FM, originally from Limpopo Zebediela, will host the Extravaganza on Saturday and will be a weekend sports presenter.
- Divhambele Mabalavhali, from Univen FM, is the new weekend sports presenter and weekdays sports reporter.
- The Capricorn FM Drive will have a new female co-host, Prudence Mabasa with DJ Complexion. Mabasa has been hosting the Top 30 for the past two years and will continue with it
Time slot changes
- Sports Precinct on weekdays, 6-6.30pm, Monday to Thursday with current presenter BK Matewe
- Capricorn FM Talk show will now air between 6.30-8pm Monday to Thursday with current presenter Thabiso Kotane.
- The Soul Connection with Charles Mnisi, from 11pm-3am Monday to Thursday
- The Mixdown Avenue with Lindiwe Makhubele and a guest DJ will from 8pm to midnight Friday and Saturday
- The Midnite Groove with Nthabiseng Selaledi will air on Saturday and Sunday from midnight to 3am.
- The Sheltered Zone with DJ Simphiwe Mdlalose from 9-11am
- DJ Clayson Monyela will do specials shows i.e. - Easter and festive season specials shows