More Design Indaba news...Submit news
- Showtime Management and international partner Selladoor Worldwide have postponed the South African tour of the We Will Rock You musical to 2022. South Africa is currently in its third wave of Covid-19 infections and, as such, the government has implemented precautions that only allows for a total audience of 100 people.
- From East London to some of South Africa's most storied agencies. After winning on global stages and achieving what she set out to on the inside of the corporate advertising machinery, Leigh-Anne Salonika is living her purpose, and in doing so working with brands to unlock theirs Evan-Lee Courie
- The eleventh hour is upon businesses who are not Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) compliant. The effective date of 1 July is upon us. Rian Schoeman
- Aramex now does door-to-door delivery all across South Africa!
- Pick n Pay's exclusive lease agreements coming to an end
- Revised Covid-19 Direction on Health and Safety in the Workplace advises on employee vaccine protocol
- The Radio Awards 2021 finalists
- #YouthMatters: Bulelani Ngcauzele, junior account manager at Hook, Line & Sinker
- #YouthMatters: Izak van der Walt, integrated business unit manager at HaveYouHeard
- The One Show 2021 Creative Rankings for Middle East & Africa announced
[Design Indaba 2014] 2014 Design Indaba FilmFest kicks off
The 2014 Design Indaba FilmFest, hosted from 21 February-2 March at various venues across Cape Town, will premiere 10 documentary feature films, three of which will be screened in an old-school drive-in style setting at Maiden's Cove in Clifton.
|21 February||Sound City||8pm||Maiden's Cove, Clifton|
|22 February||20 Feet from Stardom||8pm||Maiden's Cove, Clifton|
|23 February||The Otherside||8pm||Maiden's Cove, Clifton|
|24 February||The Human Scale||8pm||The Castle of Good Hope|
|25 February||This Ain't California||8pm||The Castle of Good Hope|
|26 February||Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters||8pm||The Castle of Good Hope|
|27 February||Sign Painters||8pm||The Castle of Good Hope|
|28 February||Cutie and the Boxer||8pm||The Castle of Good Hope|
|1 March||Finding Fela||8pm||The Castle of Good Hope|
|2 March||The Grand Budapest Hotel||8pm||Nu Metro, V&A Waterfront|
Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) documents the history of the recording studio Sound City, where artists such as Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, Rick Springfield, Tom Petty, Slipknot and Nirvana recorded their groundbreaking music.
20 Feet from Stardom (Oscar nominee 2014)
Millions know their voices, but no one knows their names. The untold true story of the backup singers behind Springsteen, the Rolling Stones and other legends.
There's a new music scene brewing in the Pacific Northwest: Seattle hip-hop artists are redefining the genre and exploding onto the national scene. Think Macklemore, Blue Scholars, Dyme Def and more.
The Human Scale
By 2050, 80% of humanity will live in cities - and they have to be re-imagined for this circumstance. Human Scale is a critical look at how we build and use our cities in the 21st century.
This Ain't California (Cannes Independent Film Fest)
Discover the vibrant underground skateboard scene of East Germany during the 80s, which coincided with the rise of punk rock, hip-hop, breakdancing and other outsider movements.
Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters (Denver Film Festival Award winner)
A look into Crewdson's elaborate creative process to capture the perfect image and the life story behind the work.
This documentary revels in the nearly lost art of creating storefronts, murals, banners and billboards by hand with brush and paint.
Cutie and the Boxer (Oscar nominee 2014)
This candid New York love story explores the chaotic 40-year marriage of famed boxing painter Ushio Shinohara and his wife, Noriko. It's a 2014 Oscar favourite.
Finding Fela (2014 Sundance Film Festival debut)
The film directed by Alex Gibney explores the life and music of the Nigerian multi-instrumentalist, musician and composer, Fela Kuti.
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Grand Budapest Hotel
This is the African premiere and the first time it will be screened in public since its debut at the Berlin Film Festival in early February. The Wes Anderson feature tells the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.
- Bizcommunity Special Section: Design Indaba
- Bizcommunity Search: Design Indaba
- Bizcommunity Galleries: Design Indaba
- Bizcommunity Twitterfall: Design Indaba
- Design Indaba website: www.designindaba.com
- Facebook: Design Indaba
- Twitter: @DesignIndaba
- Twitter Search: Design Indaba OR designindaba OR DI2014
- Google News Search: Design Indaba
#DesignIndaba2019: A bouquet of innovation27 Feb 2019