The Top 10 finalists for the 2022 GreenPitch Challenge have been chosen. These green economy innovators will now be preparing to pitch to a panel of judges on 5 May, at an event hosted by GreenCape in partnership with the City of Cape Town's Invest Cape Town and The Business Hub. The pitch event will be attended in person by invite only, and will be streamed via Zoom Webinar. Register for the Zoom Webinar here.
The 2022 GreenPitch Challenge Top 10 finalists, chosen from ~150 inspiring entries, in no particular order, are:
In the pre-venture category:
- Rudi Kriel (electric mobility) – GoMetro
- Warren Barnard (plastic alternatives) - MushNet Mycelium Packaging
- Rich Sibusiso Hlatshwayo (circular economy) - Me2you (a food sharing solution)
- Farai Dziike (water) - Waste water treatment technology
- Chris Nganga Kimaru (water, sewer and storm water networks) - Manhole Protector Grid (MPG)
In the pre-growth category:
- Tshepo Mangoele (bio-economy, circular economy) - NatUVcare™ [By LignOrganic (PTY) Ltd.]
- Jon Kornik (energy) - Plentify
- Luvo Gugwana (energy, agriculture) – Aquaponics franchise
- Thulani Khumalo (water, service delivery) - Preventing leaks smart polymer manhole covers
- Leslie Wallace (circular economy) - Mobile crushers, locally manufactured
The Top 10 stand to win prizes to the value of ~R400,000 sponsored by RMB, BioCiti Labs, LaunchLab, SAREBI, and Enlit Africa, with more to be confirmed. A selection of entries who did not make Top 10 will be given the opportunity to apply for a Learner Management Programme, facilitated by The Innovation Bridge Portal.
The winners will be selected by a judging panel on the day of the event. Their decision is final. Terms & Conditions apply.
Sponsors and prizes – Read more here.