Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund's (AECF) Seeds for Impact Programme is making financial and technical contributions available to seed companies in 12 African countries. These countries include; Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Malawi and Mozambique. The competition is set to identify and support innovative seed companies and agricultural technology providers who can link farmers to finance; improve agricultural productivity and integrate producers with markets.
Seeds for Impact is a six-year $60m programme with initial funding of $10m from Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) and Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture (SFSA).
"The Seeds for Impact competition seeks to transfer in-demand, high-yielding and climate-smart seed, planting material technologies and agricultural innovation to smallholder farmers. This we believe will substantially increase the incomes of thousands of smallholder farmers in Africa and West Africa in particular," said Daniel Ohonde, CEO, The AECF, an organisation which supports businesses to innovate, create jobs, leverage investments and markets, create resilience and sustainable incomes in rural and marginalized communities in Africa.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Companies are private sector for-profit enterprises aligned with the funding focus areas and target technologies.
• Companies must be legally registered and physically established in the target countries by the time of contracting.
• Company project idea will be implemented in the target countries.
• Total grant funds requested from AECF must be between $250,000 and $1,5m.
• Funding provided must be matched on a 1:1 basis as a minimum, and should not include funds from AGRA or the SFSA.
• Companies must be compliant with fundamental in-country and international human rights, labour standards and environmental management laws.
The AECF recently launched the Seeds for Impact West Africa Programme on 27 November 2018 in Accra, Ghana.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Message Board accepts no liability of legal consequences that arise from the Message Boards (e.g. defamation, slander, or other such crimes). All posted messages are the sole property of their respective authors. The maintainer does retain the right to remove any message posts for whatever reasons. People that post messages to this forum are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual(s), or service in a false light; should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone. Bizcommunity.com will disclose authors' IP addresses to authorities if compelled to do so by a court of law.