The Creative Circle results for August 2008 are out and, according to chairperson Molefi Thulo, with an entire magazine category being pushed out to the following month due to an insufficient number of entries, it was certainly the quickest Ad of the Month any of the judges had ever judged.
Continues Tholo, “Overall, not a great month to be honest; however, the good stuff did stand out and was therefore rewarded, with no contest from any of the judges. Sharp once-off ideas here and there, but it was also great to see some campaigns on big brands, especially in TV.
Regarding Newspaper, the general feeling was that “we can do better”; outdoor - “interesting use of the medium on some of the entries”; film - “probably the best out of all the categories”; and radio had “some entertaining spots”.
- Sasol/Percy Montgomery 100th Test Tribute “Bonded by Blond” - The Jupiter Drawing Room (South Africa
- Independent Newspapers/Cape Argus “Women's Day Timeline” - KingJames Cape Town
- Cheaters/Private Investigators - Campaign “Volcano Advertising
Due to few entries, this category is being held over until the following month.
- Cadbury/Lunch Bar Mansize “Jaws” - Publicis
- Food & Trees for Africa “Stickers” - Lowe Bull (Jhb)
- Nescafe/Classic Campaign “Are you 100% Awake” - McCann Erickson
1.Vodacom “Voicemail to SMS/Hit Send/Satellite Navigation” - Draftfcb (Jhb)
1. Cell C “More Rands/Drive Thru/Salesman” - Net#work BBDO2. KIA/K2700 Bakkie “Multi-Task” - Singh&Sons
- Musica/Chart Topers “Just the Two of Us” - The Jupiter Drawing Room (South Africa)
- Cell C “Joel/Fireman/Answering Machine” - Net#Work BBDO
- Musica/Chart Toppers “Islands in the Stream”
The judging panel for August 2008 comprised:
- Molefi Thulo, Draftfcb
- Sean Harrison, Net#work BBDO
- Martin Sing, KingJames
- Alison Hingle, Ogilvy
- Bibi Lotter, TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris
- James Daniels, EuroRSCG
- Christopher Charoux, Lowe Bull
- Trevor Sacks, Grey SA
- Julie Maunder, DDB SA