The second Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF2021) will take place at the Durban International Convention Centre (DICC) and Durban Exhibition Centre (DEC) from 15-21 November and includes the Creative Africa Nexus (Canex) as part of the programme. Canex plans to include some of Africa's superstars taking part in high-level policy discussions, informal conversations, showcases and live performances with the aim of promoting and developing Africa's creative and cultural industries.
The Canex lineup includes:
- Oskido – musician / producer (South Africa)
- Mr Eazi – musician / entrepreneur (Nigeria)
- Seun Kuti – musician (Nigeria)
- David Kau – comedian / entrepreneur (South Africa)
- IK Osakioduwa - media personality (Nigeria)
- Zozibini Tunzi – former Miss Universe and media personality (SA)
- Folake Olowofoyeku – actor (Nigeria/ USA)
- Msaki – musician – (South Africa)
- Arit Okpo – host, CNN International's African Voices Changemakers (Nigeria)
- Didier Drogba – former footballer (Cote D’Ivoire)
- Gordon “The Commissioner” Williams – multi-Grammy-Award-winning producer, (USA)
- Vincent Berry II – Grammy-Award-winning composer / producer (USA)
- Sauti Sol - band (Kenya)
- Salatiel – musician (Cameroon)
- Dajla - musician (Tunisia)
- Tshego Koke - MTV Base VJ / rapper, (South Africa)
- Bikiya Graham-Douglas – actress / director, Lagos Arts Festival (Nigeria)
Canex will also include fashion shows produced by African Fashion International and Durban Fashion Week, as well as live performances from top African acts culminating in the finale concert on 20 November featuring Mr Eazi, Sauti Sol, Dajla & Gordon Williams, Salatiel and Msaki.
IATF2021 provides a platform to promote trade under the AfCFTA. It aims to bring together continental and global buyers and sellers, and will enable stakeholders to share trade, investment, and market information as well as trade finance and trade facilitation solutions designed to support intra-African trade and the economic integration of the continent.
For more info, click here