The Robertson Wine Valley will host the 10th annual Hands-On Harvest Festival from 23-25 February 2018. Visitors will be able to indulge in local wines and country cuisine, experience country hospitality, and explore the towns of Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor, and Robertson.
Visitors may also create their own personalised festival experience with this list of five things to do:Wine enthusiasts
- Experience the grape’s journey from vine to barrel with hands-on activities from grape picking and stomping to cellar tours, wine tasting masterclasses and blending your own creation. Interact with winemakers to discover the stories behind the bottle of your favourite brands.Family folk
- Leisurely boat cruises down the Breede River, live music, giant chess and more are on offer for young and old. Visit the biggest red chair in Africa and stroll through a flag labyrinth which paints a picture of the world. The second Family Market on Sunday, 25 February 2018 at Viljoensdrift will showcase country living at its best.
I recently attended the Hands on Harvest festival in Robertson. Taking place over a weekend every year, the festival aims to promote the winemakers and farms of the area with multiple events, hands on activities and, of course, wine tastings.
Ruth Cooper 15 Mar 2017
- Authentic vineyard safaris, winemaker’s dinners and riverside platters will satisfy every palate. Picnic baskets with a selection of local olives, homemade bread, local cheeses, handmade artisan charcuterie and preserves will be on offer. Mouthwatering food and wine pairings will tickle your taste buds - from citrus, fudge and chocolate delights to handcrafted cheeses as well as musical wine pairings. Indulge in farm style breakfasts, fresh produce and traditional family recipe dishes. Don’t forget the mosbolletjies!
- Get your fix of excitement with a host of outdoor activities including skydiving, 4x4 routes, golf, rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, horse rides and game drives.Embrace country life
- Head out to the country and enjoy the simple pleasures in life with a road trip along Route 62. Recently hitting the top spot on the World’s best Road Trip list, this weekend is the perfect excuse for a road trip with friends.handsonharvest.com