The top 10 winners were selected from a set of 50 debonair nominees who have prospered in the areas of business, fashion, media, sports, and the arts. They were chosen by a judging panel formed byGQ
’s editors, winners from previous years and respected figures from a diverse range of industries.
The annual event precedes the launch of the November 2018 issue of GQ
, on the shelf on 29 October 2018, which features interviews with each of the top 10 winners, and a complete list of the 50 nominees.
"We look for men who not only dress with style but live
with style. Each of the winners does so with fearlessness and authenticity, placing more emphasis on empowerment than ego – and it’s this that’s evident not only in what they wear but who they are," explains Khumalo on what it takes to earn a spot in the group of winners.
The top 10 Best Dressed Men of the Year for 2018, in no particular order, are:
- Seth Shezi, creative director, Shezi.ink
- Fhatuwani Mukheli, co-founder, ISeeADifferentYou
- Theo Ngobeni, founder and creative director, Mr.Slimfit
- Zothile ‘Solo’ Langa, musician
- Thabiso Makhubela, TV host and entrepreneur
- Anele Papu, photographer, model, and entrepreneur
- Hamilton Ngubo, programming manager, SABC
- Brian Lehang, professional golfer
- Nkululeko ‘Nkuli M’ Tshirumbula, actor and entrepreneur
- Zareef Minty, lawyer, author, and entrepreneur