LONDON. As part of TV Connect, the world's leading event in connected entertainment organised by Informa Telecoms & Media, which took place from 26 to 28 April 2016, the winners of the 2016 TV Connect Awards were announced.
The Awards celebrate excellence, innovation and achievements in the global IP, TV and connected entertainment markets. The 12th edition reflects the industry’s continued efforts to push the boundaries of 4K, cloud TV, Smart TV, live streaming, multiscreen, OTT, LTE, mobile video and more.
Winners include market-leading players and the best new emerging talent in the connected TV industry that provides more immersive TV experiences for consumers, generates new monetisation opportunities and improves delivery to new devices.
- Best TV Experience Enhancement: Netgem with EE TV
- Best Smart TV App: Tellybean Ltd with Tellybean Easy Video Calling app
- Best Consumer TV Device: AirTies Wireless Networks with Air 3510 PLC
- Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery: Huawei Technologies with Huawei uCDN solution
- Best Live-Streaming Experience: BT Sport with BT Sport
- Best Smart Home Device or Service: SoftatHome with CloudAtHome Internet of Things
- Best Multiscreen TV Service or Solution: Jiangsu Telecom & ZTE with Fixed-Mobile Convergence Solution
- Best OTT TV Service: Conviva with Conviva
- Best 4K Service or Solution: Ooredoo & Huawei with The Ooredoo & Huawei 4K Video solution
- Best LTE Broadcast Innovation: Intellicore with Intellicore Stadium
- Best Millennial TV Offering: Nordija A/S with DR Ultra app
- Best Mobile Video Experience: FIA Formula E with Mobile App
- The Best Marketing Campaign: Freeview with Set yourself free with Freeview Play
“All of the companies shortlisted, whether winners or nominees, have continually proven to be an exceptional group that push the boundaries of connected entertainment and this year is no exception,” remarked Laura Proctor, head of marketing at Informa Telecoms & Media.
“The standard of this year’s entries was extremely high and, on behalf of Informa, I’d like to congratulate all the winners and nominees for their innovation and dedication to creating exciting and immersive experiences right across the TV landscape. I’m very much looking forward to seeing what the future holds for each of them.”