"As the proud host of ATLF 2019, we look forward to welcoming all stakeholders from across the continent and the rest of the world, not only this innovative event but, also to experience what South Africa and our beautiful province offer the world. ATLF is an African Project that we must all be part of and support."
The 2018 ATLF and Award edition was held in Accra in Ghana. It was hosted by the Government of Ghana through Ghana Tourism Authority and its parent Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
Kwakye Donkor, Africa Tourism Partners’ (ATP) CEO congratulates KwaZulu-Natal Province for winning the bid to host the 2019 ATLF and Awards. "The provincial leadership has truly exemplified true values of thought leadership by aiming to bring together industry leaders in Africa to Durban, to once again advance their commitment to promote intra-Africa travel, dialogue and recognize change-makers in Africa’s tourism development as a collective," says Donkor.
• The present and future imperatives of visa openness, e-visas and air connectivity
• Outlook on the impact business and MICE tourism on national economies
• What it takes for Africa to harness the multi-level Chinese outbound travel market
• How to embrace and optimise disruptive technological innovation for intra-Africa travel
• Delivering critical travel and tourism infrastructure with development finance institutions
• Spotlight on wildlife and biodiversity conservation as strategic tourism assets in Africa
• Skills development and capacity building across the sector value chain and more
• Practicalities of measuring the return on destination marketing investment