Durban KwaZulu-Natal Convention Bureau has been announced as the host of this year's Africa Tourism Leadership Forum (ATLF) and Awards, from 29 to 30 August 2019. According to Sihle Zikalala, Provincial Minister for Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs in the KwaZulu-Natal, gatherings like ATLF allow thought leaders in Africa to bring into the limelight exceptional industry developments and inspiring stakeholders who work hard to build a sustainable African travel and tourism industry.
"As the proud host of ATLF 2019, we look forward to welcoming all stakeholders from across the continent and the rest of the world, not only this innovative event but, also to experience what South Africa and our beautiful province offer the world. ATLF is an African Project that we must all be part of and support."
The 2018 ATLF and Award edition was held in Accra in Ghana. It was hosted by the Government of Ghana through Ghana Tourism Authority and its parent Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
Kwakye Donkor, Africa Tourism Partners’ (ATP) CEO congratulates KwaZulu-Natal Province for winning the bid to host the 2019 ATLF and Awards. "The provincial leadership has truly exemplified true values of thought leadership by aiming to bring together industry leaders in Africa to Durban, to once again advance their commitment to promote intra-Africa travel, dialogue and recognize change-makers in Africa’s tourism development as a collective," says Donkor.
Key focus areas of dialogue during the 2019 ATLF and Awards:
• The present and future imperatives of visa openness, e-visas and air connectivity
• Outlook on the impact business and MICE tourism on national economies
• What it takes for Africa to harness the multi-level Chinese outbound travel market
• How to embrace and optimise disruptive technological innovation for intra-Africa travel
• Delivering critical travel and tourism infrastructure with development finance institutions
• Spotlight on wildlife and biodiversity conservation as strategic tourism assets in Africa
• Skills development and capacity building across the sector value chain and more
• Practicalities of measuring the return on destination marketing investment
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Message Board accepts no liability of legal consequences that arise from the Message Boards (e.g. defamation, slander, or other such crimes). All posted messages are the sole property of their respective authors. The maintainer does retain the right to remove any message posts for whatever reasons. People that post messages to this forum are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual(s), or service in a false light; should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone. Bizcommunity.com will disclose authors' IP addresses to authorities if compelled to do so by a court of law.