Law students are invited to apply for Baker McKenzie's mentorship programme, which will take place online from 7 September - 22 October 2021. The time commitment from students will be approximately two hours per week.
The programme aims to:
- contribute to the profession by giving young law students a taste of what law firm life is like.
- help students understand the intricacies of managing the business of law
- facilitate engagement between students and lawyers, as well as with professional business support team members from the Firm
- provide candidates with soft skills training that may assist them later, as they prepare for the job market
- identify candidates who may be interested in pursuing a legal career with Baker McKenzie
- identify deserving students who may be in need of study bursaries
- listen to students, in order to understand the challenges they face on campuses in South Africa and the broader region.
This programme is open to law students from any university (not only South African universities) and is aimed at law students in their first, second or third year of study.
Applications should contain:
- a motivational letter
- the candidate's CV
- a matric certificate
- the student’s full academic transcript, and
- any other supporting documents, where relevant.
Applications should be sent to Lauren at email@example.com
Applications must be received by 25 June 2021. Candidates will receive feedback by 9 July 2021.