The 2013 Pentawards, the worldwide competition exclusively devoted to packaging design in all its forms, will open for entries on 15 April 2013. The competition is open to everybody who is associated with the creation and marketing of packaging in all countries.
An international jury will select the winners in accordance with the creative quality of the work submitted in packaging design created or brought out in 2012/13. The winners will receive bronze, silver, gold, platinum or diamond Pentawards according to the creative quality of their work.
- Gérard Caron, Paris - Admirable Design (Chairman)
- Chris Plewes, Toronto - Davis
- Christophe Pradère, Paris - BETC Design
- Daniel Dittmar, New York - BIC Corporation
- Graham Shearsby, London - Design Bridge
- Gregory Tsaknakis, Athens - Mousegraphics
- Isabelle Dahlborg Lidström, Stockholm - Nine AB
- Jonathan Sands, London - Elmwood
- Ku, Kyu-Woo, Seoul - Aekyung Design Centre
- Raf De Geyter, Belgium - Procter & Gamble
- Sarah Moffat, San Francisco - Turner Duckworth
- Somchana Kangwarnjit, Bangkok - Prompt Design
- Yoshio Kato, Tokyo - Suntory Japan
Registration dates, costs
- Early bird - from 15 April to 26 April 2013 - €150
- Full registration - 27 April to 17 May 2013 - €195
- Last chance - from 18 May to 24 May 2013 - €225
There will be no extension of the registration deadline, which is 24 May 2013.
Sponsors have added to the value of the prizes:
- The Diamond Pentaward winner will receive, in addition to the trophy, the Esko Suite10 software worth €5000
- A Sleever International special prize will be bestowed on the best creation in a limited series (worth €5000)
- The Platinum Pentaward from the Luxury category will receive a booth at the next Luxepack Fair in Shanghai (worth €5000)
- Taschen, the famous art and design book publisher will bring out the third volume on the Pentawards in autumn 2014, featuring the Pentawards 2013 and 2014 (not including nominees) in a 400+ page, hardcover edition published in more than 10 000 copies and disseminated throughout the world. Pentaward winners receive a complimentary copy of this reference book.
Enhancing the industry
Apart from prize giving, the award's mission is the promotion of packaging design with companies, the press, the economic and political authorities and the public, throughout the world. By participating in Pentawards, designers will have the opportunity of comparing their creations with others from all over the world and have the possibility of winning a prestigious award, which will allow them to demonstrate their creativity and expertise and enhance the reputation of the profession.
For more, go to www.pentawards.org.