More Cannes Lions news...Submit news
- District Media Group started with a single building wrap in the Johannesburg CBD five years ago and, this year, it has launched its first digital site in the heart of the Sandton CBD. The boards set in the heart of Africa's richest square mile are the first of its nationwide roll out. District Media Group
- Brave Group is excited to announce an increasing investment into digital resources for the Motherboard team. Motherboard is Brave Group's digital communication and transformation business, headed by Musa Kalenga, Brave Group chief future officer. Brave Group
- The tax season is about to open and because you've probably spent a big chunk of the last year working from home, there may be potential deductions you could claim when filing your personal return.
- BREAKING: The Duke Group launches Nude; an ethnographic, market research agency
- Kaya 959 boosts station lineup with strong nighttime talk lineup
- #YouthMonth2021: A reminder of how far education still has to go
- #BehindtheBrandManager: Alexia Poulos, national marketing and events manager at Primedia Broadcasting
- #SARadioAwards: Station of the Year finalists, Bright Stars and Hall of Fame inductees announced
- #Exclusive: Promise Group makes strides at The One Show Awards 2021
- Behind the station: Kfm 94.5 station manager: Stephen Werner
FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign shortlisted for a Glass Lion - for Change
FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign for 1st for Women has been shortlisted for a Glass Lion for Change, an award bestowed by judges at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity to recognise work that implicitly or explicitly addresses issues of gender inequality or prejudice.
Lynda Fiebiger, general manager at FoxP2
She explained the campaign was created when the innovative insurer briefed FoxP2 to use South Africa’s annual 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence to highlight that a woman in the country is murdered every three hours.
“I’m exceptionally proud of the fact that we immediately responded by assembling an all-women team to handle the creative concept, a decision taken in the moment that just felt so right,” she said. “We went on to brief a 100% female owned production house, which used an all-women crew to shoot the campaign.
“To bring the campaign to life, we travelled across the country to visit a different location of femicide each night to project moving tributes written in light on objects germane to the murder and tell the stories that had been left behind.
“The content we created at each site was then shared on social media. This directed traffic to a platform connecting victims with professional help from legal advice to safe houses.
“It was a tough job – producing a story every day for 16 days. But there was never any desire to pull out or pull back. I am so very proud of these powerful women and that their commitment, professionalism and creative take on the world has been recognised with this achievement,” Fiebiger said.
The hauntingly beautiful and provocative campaign had considerable impact. Metrics-wise, reach topped 41,5-million, 4400 hours of video was watched, visits to the www.for-women.co.za platform increased 2000% and pledges of help increased 456%.
South Africa’s creative community awarded it one of only three Grand Prix in Africa’s leading advertising competition, the Loerie Awards, in 2020. This performance was responsible for 1st for Women’s debut on the Loerie Awards’ Overall Ranking by Brand list – and within the top 10 – and contributed to FoxP2 being ranked as South Africa’s most creative agency on the medium-sized agency list for the second year in a row. Internationally, the campaign was recognised by the 2020/2021 Clio Awards, which awarded it a Bronze in the Out-of-Home Ambient category.
FoxP2 continues to live up to its Number 1 ranking for effective creativity in the 2019/2020 Scopen report with an impressive performance in the 2020/2021 Marketing Achievement Awards, including a first place in the Excellence in Brand Positioning category for FNB, a Number 1 position as the most creative mid-sized agency on the 2020 Loeries Official Rankings and wins at the 2020 Creative Circle Ads of the Year.
We are champions of meaningful progress, helping our clients to win, keep and grow their best customers. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CRM, and creative, we operate in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists.
- Posterscope reboots to Dentsu Location Services21 Jun 12:18
- Dentsu South Africa launches second edition of the Female Foundry programme - virtually14 Jun 06:39
- FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign shortlisted for a Glass Lion - for Change10 Jun 11:43
- FoxP2 increases BEE ownership to 51%08 Jun 10:10
- Dentsu Africa scores 22 awards at the prestigious Pitcher Awards25 May 13:18