More Cannes Lions news...Submit news
- Adidas Originals and the Lego Group have collaborated yet again, and are presenting a new take on the classic Superstar silhouette. Launching alongside the playful Adidas Originals Lego Superstar sneaker is a buildable Superstar Lego brick model.
- According to a recent survey, only 22% of South African businesses are aware of privacy laws governing their marketing activities, despite the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) set to take effect on 1 July 2021.
- "As a young, Black female, I believe it's not only important to service clients but also to open up the digital floor to much needed conversations so that the campaigns we work on bring about real change," says Nombulelo Malinga, founder and director of Zizi Digital, which specialises in social media marketing and offers 360 digital consulting service. Evan-Lee Courie
- What does the future hold for women of colour in the advertising industry?
- New commercial station Hot 102.7FM announces on-air lineup from 1 July 2021
- Adidas shares glimpse of immersive new Sandton flagship
- The fine art of building a brand for modern traditionalists
- #YouthMatters: Alex Krause's strategy to be successful
- PoPIA and social media posts
- #BehindtheMask: Ryan McManus, chief creative officer at VMLY&R
FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign shortlisted for a Glass Lion - for Change
FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign for 1st for Women has been shortlisted for a Glass Lion for Change, an award bestowed by judges at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity to recognise work that implicitly or explicitly addresses issues of gender inequality or prejudice.
Lynda Fiebiger, general manager at FoxP2
She explained the campaign was created when the innovative insurer briefed FoxP2 to use South Africa’s annual 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence to highlight that a woman in the country is murdered every three hours.
“I’m exceptionally proud of the fact that we immediately responded by assembling an all-women team to handle the creative concept, a decision taken in the moment that just felt so right,” she said. “We went on to brief a 100% female owned production house, which used an all-women crew to shoot the campaign.
“To bring the campaign to life, we travelled across the country to visit a different location of femicide each night to project moving tributes written in light on objects germane to the murder and tell the stories that had been left behind.
“The content we created at each site was then shared on social media. This directed traffic to a platform connecting victims with professional help from legal advice to safe houses.
“It was a tough job – producing a story every day for 16 days. But there was never any desire to pull out or pull back. I am so very proud of these powerful women and that their commitment, professionalism and creative take on the world has been recognised with this achievement,” Fiebiger said.
The hauntingly beautiful and provocative campaign had considerable impact. Metrics-wise, reach topped 41,5-million, 4400 hours of video was watched, visits to the www.for-women.co.za platform increased 2000% and pledges of help increased 456%.
South Africa’s creative community awarded it one of only three Grand Prix in Africa’s leading advertising competition, the Loerie Awards, in 2020. This performance was responsible for 1st for Women’s debut on the Loerie Awards’ Overall Ranking by Brand list – and within the top 10 – and contributed to FoxP2 being ranked as South Africa’s most creative agency on the medium-sized agency list for the second year in a row. Internationally, the campaign was recognised by the 2020/2021 Clio Awards, which awarded it a Bronze in the Out-of-Home Ambient category.
FoxP2 continues to live up to its Number 1 ranking for effective creativity in the 2019/2020 Scopen report with an impressive performance in the 2020/2021 Marketing Achievement Awards, including a first place in the Excellence in Brand Positioning category for FNB, a Number 1 position as the most creative mid-sized agency on the 2020 Loeries Official Rankings and wins at the 2020 Creative Circle Ads of the Year.
We are champions of meaningful progress, helping our clients to win, keep and grow their best customers. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CRM, and creative, we operate in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists.
- Dentsu South Africa launches second edition of the Female Foundry programme - virtually14 Jun 06:39
- FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign shortlisted for a Glass Lion - for Change10 Jun 11:43
- FoxP2 increases BEE ownership to 51%08 Jun 10:10
- Dentsu Africa scores 22 awards at the prestigious Pitcher Awards25 May 13:18
- Dentsu SA celebrates Tanya Schreuder as a shortlist jury member for the Cannes Lions 202120 May 09:07
Cannes Lions 2021 jury members announced13 Apr 2021