More Cannes Lions news...Submit news
- Showtime Management and international partner Selladoor Worldwide have postponed the South African tour of the We Will Rock You musical to 2022. South Africa is currently in its third wave of Covid-19 infections and, as such, the government has implemented precautions that only allows for a total audience of 100 people.
- The eleventh hour is upon businesses who are not Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) compliant. The effective date of 1 July is upon us. Rian Schoeman
- From East London to some of South Africa's most storied agencies. After winning on global stages and achieving what she set out to on the inside of the corporate advertising machinery, Leigh-Anne Salonika is living her purpose, and in doing so working with brands to unlock theirs Evan-Lee Courie
- Aramex now does door-to-door delivery all across South Africa!
- Zara's latest store concept is coming to Cape Town
- The Radio Awards 2021 finalists
- Pick n Pay's exclusive lease agreements coming to an end
- Revised Covid-19 Direction on Health and Safety in the Workplace advises on employee vaccine protocol
- #YouthMatters: The mining industry needs more young leaders, says the Minerals Council's Katlego Letsoalo
- #YouthMatters: Bulelani Ngcauzele, junior account manager at Hook, Line & Sinker
FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign shortlisted for a Glass Lion - for Change
FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign for 1st for Women has been shortlisted for a Glass Lion for Change, an award bestowed by judges at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity to recognise work that implicitly or explicitly addresses issues of gender inequality or prejudice.
Lynda Fiebiger, general manager at FoxP2
She explained the campaign was created when the innovative insurer briefed FoxP2 to use South Africa’s annual 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence to highlight that a woman in the country is murdered every three hours.
“I’m exceptionally proud of the fact that we immediately responded by assembling an all-women team to handle the creative concept, a decision taken in the moment that just felt so right,” she said. “We went on to brief a 100% female owned production house, which used an all-women crew to shoot the campaign.
“To bring the campaign to life, we travelled across the country to visit a different location of femicide each night to project moving tributes written in light on objects germane to the murder and tell the stories that had been left behind.
“The content we created at each site was then shared on social media. This directed traffic to a platform connecting victims with professional help from legal advice to safe houses.
“It was a tough job – producing a story every day for 16 days. But there was never any desire to pull out or pull back. I am so very proud of these powerful women and that their commitment, professionalism and creative take on the world has been recognised with this achievement,” Fiebiger said.
The hauntingly beautiful and provocative campaign had considerable impact. Metrics-wise, reach topped 41,5-million, 4400 hours of video was watched, visits to the www.for-women.co.za platform increased 2000% and pledges of help increased 456%.
South Africa’s creative community awarded it one of only three Grand Prix in Africa’s leading advertising competition, the Loerie Awards, in 2020. This performance was responsible for 1st for Women’s debut on the Loerie Awards’ Overall Ranking by Brand list – and within the top 10 – and contributed to FoxP2 being ranked as South Africa’s most creative agency on the medium-sized agency list for the second year in a row. Internationally, the campaign was recognised by the 2020/2021 Clio Awards, which awarded it a Bronze in the Out-of-Home Ambient category.
FoxP2 continues to live up to its Number 1 ranking for effective creativity in the 2019/2020 Scopen report with an impressive performance in the 2020/2021 Marketing Achievement Awards, including a first place in the Excellence in Brand Positioning category for FNB, a Number 1 position as the most creative mid-sized agency on the 2020 Loeries Official Rankings and wins at the 2020 Creative Circle Ads of the Year.
We are champions of meaningful progress, helping our clients to win, keep and grow their best customers. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CRM, and creative, we operate in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists.
- Dentsu South Africa launches second edition of the Female Foundry programme - virtually14 Jun 06:39
- FoxP2's '16 Days of Light' campaign shortlisted for a Glass Lion - for Change10 Jun 11:43
- FoxP2 increases BEE ownership to 51%08 Jun 10:10
- Dentsu Africa scores 22 awards at the prestigious Pitcher Awards25 May 13:18
- Dentsu SA celebrates Tanya Schreuder as a shortlist jury member for the Cannes Lions 202120 May 09:07
Cannes Lions 2021 jury members announced13 Apr 2021