More Loeries news...Submit news
Marketing & Media jobs
More...Submit a jobOpen account
- Mid-Level Project Manager Cape Town
- Sales/Relationship Manager Remote
- Marketing Manager Cape Town
- Senior B2B PR Account Manager Remote
- Agency Sales Account Executive Johannesburg
- Graphic Designer Cape Town
- Virtual Reality Assistant Editor Johannesburg
- Producer/Client Liaison Johannesburg
- Copywriter Johannesburg
- Creative Strategist Johannesburg
Vega shines at the 2019 Loeries with two golds
Twelve students from Vega (a brand of The Independent Institute of Education - The IIE) received top honours at this year's Loeries Awards, bagging two golds, two silvers and one bronze Loerie award for their work.
‘Know Her Name’, which was conceived by The IIE’s Vega Johannesburg students Vini Xavier, Tshego Kwele, and Cara Brauckman, won gold in the Facebook Challenge for its unique approach to encouraging people to learn about female football stars. The students were also awarded an all-expenses-paid trip to Loeries Creative Week in Durban.
Another group of students from the Durban campus – Amy Tjasink, Justine Clyde and Roxanne Schoon – were awarded a gold Loerie for their submission, ‘FEM’, a digital publication looking at the concept of feminism through the eyes of women.
A silver Loerie was awarded to Lebohang Machitje and Bathabile Xaba for ‘Hopeful Foods’, an idea that would help alleviate the dietary challenges commonly faced by cancer patients. Kyle Gounden and Christian Botha also received a silver Loerie for their ‘Rita Devu Drives Like You’ initiative that aims to teach the importance of safe driving to ‘tomorrow’s drivers’.
Last but certainly not least, a bronze Loerie was awarded to Vini Xavier, Micah Bwanali and Julie Dancaster for their campaign entitled ‘Adidas Beats’, which was dedicated to helping women athletes drown out the negative comments often aimed at them by society.
“Some of the work we saw streaming in from IIE Vega students and others was arguably on par with that of seasoned industry experts. We are immensely proud of every single one of the Veganites who took part and who were recognised on such a prestigious platform – well done to everyone!” says Lurie.
Read more about the Vega students’ submission at www.loeries.com.
Visit vegaschool.com to apply to study at Vega in 2019/2020, and for more information on the wide range of IIE qualifications, programmes and online courses available to study.
Vega is a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE is South Africa's largest private higher education institution which operates across 20 campuses. The IIE is international accredited by The British Accreditation Council.
- IIE launches first ever brand leadership Doctorate in South Africa30 Oct 13:57
- Those who do, can - Veganites of the future24 Aug 07:41
- Comic Con Africa partners with Vega for second consecutive year18 Sep 17:18
- 5 skills brand managers need to survive the 4th industrial revolution13 Sep 12:34
- Postgraduate studies with the future in mind03 Sep 13:53